Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in an effort to save money

Posted by   + Show Post

My guy just made himself some cashew butter instead of buying more peanut butter.  He is diabetic so making things homemade is a better option anyhow.  He skipped the sugar option for the butter.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
shivasgirl
by Angela on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

omg,me and my 7yr old son love boiled peanuts, lol...we go thru a can a week, the kid will eat the whole can if I let him

Quoting frndlyfn:

I like peanut butter but not actual peanuts so not that weird to me LOL  I grew up with either roasted salted peanuts (moms side) OR boiled salted peanuts(dads side).  BLECH.

Quoting shivasgirl:

no, only almond and cashew, but I think cashew is food of the gods...lol, but I dont care for roasted cashew nuts, weird, huh?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting shivasgirl:

O   M   G   I love cashew butter,I dont care for peanut

He was going through an 18 oz jar in 2-3 weeks LOL of crunch PB.... This way can buy the nuts cheaper and make as needed.  Hopefully less chance of recalled nuts.  Have you ever tried sunflower butter?

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Mmmmmmmm yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM
That sounds really good! I love cashews!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by Mother on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I've made his Chicken Pot Pie recipe twice, and it is freaking amazing. Nom nom nom nom nom. I don't particularly like to watch him, but like you I think his recipes are great.

When it comes to Food Network personalities, I love to watch Alton Brown. I have such a nerd-crush on him. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

I liked him before he got too big for his britches LOL.  Lately when i see him on tv, his ego is WAY bigger than 17 years ago.   I wont knock his recipes though.  Most are delicious.

Quoting TarotMommy:

Emeril is in Pensacola today. He's shooting a segment I gather that is focused on seafood since he's featuring a place here called Joe Patties.

Whether you're pagan or not, you'll love all of the cool recipes, crafts, and coloring pages in this group! Join Us! And don't forget to say I sent you! 

saltycoqui
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I love cashews! I will try doing this over the weekend. Thanks!  

thehickinhickor
by willowslight on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Cool!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN