Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your favorite Autumn Treat

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 477 Total Views

For me it's anything "pumpkin spice" flavored. Everything from the pumpkin muffins and pumpkin spice Latte at Starbucks to pumpkin pie shakes at Jack-in-the-Crack.

Husband prefers Apple flavored stuff. 

What do you eat/drink/smell that just says FALL to you? 

Whether you're pagan or not, you'll love all of the cool recipes, crafts, and coloring pages in this group! Join Us! And don't forget to say I sent you! 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TarotMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Jack in the Crack, LOL!

I love apple anything all year long but during October and November it's pumkin everything time!

To see if Pagan Mothering is in your cards,  just click my siggie...

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin! I love pretty much all things pumpkin. LOL 

saltycoqui
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

There is something special about the smell of warm pumpkin. I've been making pastries filled with pumpkin this year. I made some apple tarts too. Both together and it just makes everyone feel so good. They disappear fast!  
I save the pumpkin spice for things I don't add real pumpkin to. Sometimes to french toast.

But can't use too much pumpkin spice due to the after effects. Cause instead of pumpkin spice, the place will smell more like Lysol or Febreez. LOL

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin! I love pretty much all things pumpkin. LOL 

ripemango
by Little Witch on Oct. 19, 2012 at 4:28 AM

i really look forward to baked sweet potatoes, butternut squash soups, and pumpkin dump cake. for the record, when i serve the pumpkin dump cake i call it pumpkin cobbler bc calling it dump cake just completely undersells that marvelous dessert.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

AnnieMcD
by Mother on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM

And now I require the recipe for pumpkin dump cake. LOL.

Quoting ripemango:

i really look forward to baked sweet potatoes, butternut squash soups, and pumpkin dump cake. for the record, when i serve the pumpkin dump cake i call it pumpkin cobbler bc calling it dump cake just completely undersells that marvelous dessert.

Whether you're pagan or not, you'll love all of the cool recipes, crafts, and coloring pages in this group! Join Us! And don't forget to say I sent you! 

ripemango
by Little Witch on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 fluid ounce) can nonfat
evaporated milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (18.25 ounce) package
yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, salt, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Stir in the milk, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour pumpkin mixture into the prepared pan.

Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture, then sprinkle on the pecans. Drizzle melted butter over all. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool.

This is basically the recipe as written. These are my notes. You do not have to use the spices as listed. You can always replace them with just pumpkin pie spice. Some people don't use them at all and just use a box of spice cake mix. I prefer the yellow. Due to personal preference, I omit the cloves, just do a good shake of the nutmeg and ginger(i'd estimate it's about 1/4 tsp each), and reduce the cinammon to 1 tsp. If you are wanting to make it a little healthier mix half of the cake mix with the pumpkin mixture and leave the other half of the cake mix as the topping. Only use 1/3 cup butter if you go this route. This makes the pumpkin part more firm, almost cake like. I prefer it as written w the pumpkin part coming out like the consistency of pumpkin pie.

*If you are against boxed cake mix: I've had a link to homemade cake mix for a while, but I have never tried it out. Thought I would share regardless:

http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/homemade-yellow-cake-mix/

Quoting AnnieMcD:

And now I require the recipe for pumpkin dump cake. LOL.

Quoting ripemango:

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

fresh pressed, hot apple cider with maple smoked mozzarella cheese and crackers, raspberry/pumpkin/cherry pie.  Either that or a cup of cocoa or coffee while the fireplace is going.

MimiMoo
by Little Witch on Oct. 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Pumpkin dump cake sounds delicious.  

I like pumpkin and apples, both.  I also start making my chili.  mmmmm

frndlyfn
by Little Witch on Oct. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

APPLES , apple cider , apple pie  LOL  Caramel on things etc.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN