Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Searching for our Harth and Home

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

Hi ladies. I'm really down today. :( We have been hoping and planning for a very long time now, to finally buy our own house. We feel like we are SOOOOO close. UGH!

The issue is that our price range for homes, happens to be THE price range for houses in our area. So, the market is very hot in that particular range. This is making our search for a house very difficult. The houses are moving very fast, and we look at them online and make a list for our realtor, only to find out that some already have pending offers, or are under contract or something. It has been very frustrating because some of these homes have so much potential. Sometimes it feels like our timing is way off or something.

I have thought about asking for guidence from the Goddess about this. It seems like a very selfish request, but I really feel like our family needs a bigger home. We have moved often, and I want our dd to have a back yard to play in, and we can finally have a pet. I just feel like so much of our life is sort of put on hold until we have a house. Entertaining, or having guests spend the night is impossible in our little town home. It is a very nice place, and we have loved our time here, but We really need to move on to another place.

Is it wrong for me to make the request for assistance in finding a home? I know that we make requests for healing the sick, and such. I guess I have always felt a little uncomfortable asking for things that I feel might come off as selfish. I'm not sure why I feel that way, but I do. Thanks ladies.

by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SalmonBerry87
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I don't think it's selfish at all. You might want to look up/pray to Goddesses of the home and hearth like Brigid or Hestia. Good luck! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Thank you. I have considered paying homage to Hestia. I guess I just wanted know that my request was not something too selfish. There are after all a lot of people that are loosing their homes, or live in poverty. Our little town house is nice, and it has serviced us very well. We have been happy here. However, we just need more space to spread our wings, if that makes any sense. LOL.

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

I don't think it's selfish at all. You might want to look up/pray to Goddesses of the home and hearth like Brigid or Hestia. Good luck! :)

SerenaRose3
by Little Witch on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

its not selfish  because your current home will be a home to another family who are looking for their harth and home. The one that is right for you may not be availble yet. there is a home out there for you....

Aleta775
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

You know what? You are right, and I haven't been looking at it that way. This is a very nice place, and it would make a splendid home for an older couple looking to downsize, or a young couple just starting out. I have blessed and cleansed this home a few times since we have lived here, and it is always warm and inviting. I guess at the very least we would be leaving positive energy behind.  

You are also right, that THE home for us simply is not on the market yet, but will be soon. That makes me feel a bit better. Thank you.

Quoting SerenaRose3:

its not selfish  because your current home will be a home to another family who are looking for their harth and home. The one that is right for you may not be availble yet. there is a home out there for you....

frndlyfn
by Little Witch on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the others.  It is not selfish to look for a new hearth and home.  Hopefully your current home could be used by a family or single person to live in when they are just starting out on their own.

TarotMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I don't think it's selfish to want just the right home for your family. I would be considered selfish then. Lol! We are in the process of moving right now. It was exhausting finding just the right place with the extra square footage in our price range. Now it's exhausting packing and moving. Lol!  I look forward to getting to the actual fun part, decorating!

Your new home is still waiting for you to find it. :)

To see if Pagan Mothering is in your cards,  just click my siggie...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)