Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

welcome back...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 324 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I hope those of you on the East Coast are safe and well.

May Gaia bring you dry homes and full tummies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
saltycoqui
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

We are home here in NYC, dry and with full tummies. Thank goodness we are some of the lucky ones! Before the storm I said prayers for those in my household, my neighbors and even my whole neighborhood. During times like these, the kindess of strangers is appreciated.

I saw several large branches on the ground in some odd places. Some cars were damaged but not many that I saw. As Sandy passed us, the worst was when the wind blew harder and harder. And there were bits of things hitting the largest of our windows that faces east (south east-ish). Several times the lights flickered like candles but we were prepared. I barely slept for three nights in a row. I felt emotionally drained from worry and watching or listening to the news so much but I needed to know what was happening. I let the kids know what was going on but didn't let them watch too much. They go back to school on Monday.

Wow. I missed this place!

TarotMommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Quoting saltycoqui:

We are home here in NYC, dry and with full tummies. Thank goodness we are some of the lucky ones! Before the storm I said prayers for those in my household, my neighbors and even my whole neighborhood. During times like these, the kindess of strangers is appreciated.

I saw several large branches on the ground in some odd places. Some cars were damaged but not many that I saw. As Sandy passed us, the worst was when the wind blew harder and harder. And there were bits of things hitting the largest of our windows that faces east (south east-ish). Several times the lights flickered like candles but we were prepared. I barely slept for three nights in a row. I felt emotionally drained from worry and watching or listening to the news so much but I needed to know what was happening. I let the kids know what was going on but didn't let them watch too much. They go back to school on Monday.

Wow. I missed this place!

To see if Pagan Mothering is in your cards,  just click my siggie...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)