Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so... how was your Halloween / Samhain!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 371 Total Views
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AnnieMcD
by Mother on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Mine was great
I'll tell you all about it when I have a keyboard Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltycoqui
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I woke up on Oct 31 to see that my 16 yr old daughter was in her witch costume, jumping with her broom while watching tv and my 14 yr old son was in my face about wanting to put on his Mad Scientist costume ( just a tshirt I decorated). It was a funny sight!
We had lots of my homemade cake. We watched some of my daughters dvds, especially her new Monster High dvd. The day was not as I had planned but the kids were happy.

MimiMoo
by Little Witch on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM
It was pretty good. It didn't turn out quite like I had planned, but we had a nice evening.
redhead-bedhead
by Little Witch on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Mine didn't either. My truck broke down so I couldn't get over to the family cemetery and then the wind was up and it was raining so I couldn't get a fire going...

But all in all it was nice.

Quoting MimiMoo:

It was pretty good. It didn't turn out quite like I had planned, but we had a nice evening.

MimiMoo
by Little Witch on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

We went trick or treating, then came home and had cookies and watched a movie.  I lit candles for my loved ones and burned slips of paper with things I want to change written on them.  That was about the extent of it.  Oh, I left remembrance cookies out with the jack o lantern.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Mine didn't either. My truck broke down so I couldn't get over to the family cemetery and then the wind was up and it was raining so I couldn't get a fire going...

But all in all it was nice.

Quoting MimiMoo:

SerenaRose3
by Little Witch on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine was great, it was also my b day and it was the best b day ever. Started out making a big Samhain dinner. had a really great day with the kids, no stress or negative attitudes which is a rarity lol. It was rainy and really windy, I opened up the door and said firmly "ok this isnt going to do, its Samhain and my b day and I ask you elements to please allow it to be dry and still so we can trick or treat," as soon as I got the last word out the winds just stopped and it stayed still and dry until late that night. We had a lot of fun and ended our night with pumpkin pie.

angelenia
by Little Witch on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM
i rocked out all night making and ' fixing' prayercards and chillin' with Santa Muerte and my ancestors:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Little Witch on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:06 PM
'fixing' is a hoodoo term similar to 'enchanting' or ' bespelling' an object, btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)