Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out.with old...in wih the new

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 341 Total Views
In the last few months, I've cut ties with my mother, and now apparently, I may need to do the same with my brother. And it kills me.

Then I read something about Yule on Facebook. An ending and a new beginning. So this year, I will take stock of who is bringing what energies (and who is sapping mine) into my life. If me and my kids can be written off so easily, it's not what we need in our lives. I don't need anymore anger. I've worked too hard to get rid of mine to work around anyone else's.

So.

Blessed Yule, Blessed Solstice. May the coming year bring you all only wonderful things...and maybe the siggies I owe a couple of you. :D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SerenaRose3
by Little Witch on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM

yeah I am in the same boat with you. It saddens me but I had to cut ties with my mom and then she tried to reunite with me only to pull the same hurtful crap right before the holidays.  I wont allow her to hurt my daughter that way so I had to cut off all communication with her again and  hate that...... I just wish she could grow up and be a mother ,but it is what it is ,and   the strife she brings is not good for any of us.

I know its hard but you have the right to set your boundaries and feel good about them . I support you 100%.

Have an awesome Yule or whatever you will be celebrating .

pagan 2

frndlyfn
by Little Witch on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I know that feeling and do not communicate with any of mom's siblings.  They are all very immature and stuck in various addictions.

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I don't speak with my brother and none of my aunts. They are toxic in my life so I cut them out. No one stays in my circle if they negatively impact mine and my family's lives.

Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

it makes me so happy that all you women can make the hard choices in life and accept them. on CM i've read so many posts of women complaining about relationships that are toxic to themselves and their families and are too afraid to cut off said relationships. Hope you all have a wonderful Yule and Solstice!

saltycoqui
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I did that Years ago! I just went on and concentrated on my kids. Wanna know what happened? I found out They missed me! In the past few years I sometimes grace those certain relatives with a rare visit. I do it when I feel like it because I really don't care. Mostly the communication reopened via an aunt who has a big heart. Most of the time I show up for her.
I feel I need to do what is best for my kids and myself. I try to be around positive things.
Anagalia022
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My brother and sister cut me out of their lives over 6 years ago.  I have 2 son's and Grand Kids that are in my life.  That is good enough for me.

white_wolf454
by Maiden on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

i cut ties with my mom 4 years ago and last year in oct i had to cut ties with my father , so i understand your pain.

FunnyKids
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I cut ties with my mom in November. Best thing I ever did for my self
IntactivistMama
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I cut my possibly narcissistic father out of my life years ago. I'm far better for it. :-)

I won't allow anyone to treat me like poo anymore!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN