Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Friend in Need

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

A local metaphysical store/temple has been in business for almost two years now. However whether the owner needs to close her doors or not is decided on a month by month basis.

She gets just enough to pay her store bills. She's always asking her members for advice on ways to advertise. Problem is she doesn't have a lot of money to invest in advertisement and I'm sure she uses a lot of her own money to keep it going. She isn't well of btw. She has no other job and is probably using her retirement money. 

I've given her my own suggestions but I was hoping you guys could help with more.

I suggested she send two or three people to festivals in surrounding states. Trade shows should probably be the bulk of her advertising.

She also does Wicca 101 classes, and I know she does other classes for a few things. We've also suggested more topics for workshops.

There is a Walk and stroll in her city coming up in March and she'll be doing kind of a mini psychic fair in the store at that time. Plus the main store will be open for sales of course.

But we really need ideas, especially for Feburary.

She mentioned last night that she has contacts to other pagan store owners and covens in most states surrounding Ohio except West Virginia. So if anyone has contacts there perhaps you could help her?

Magically I know she's said she's done prosperity spells for the store, but I don't see them helping her. I really think the store is in a bad spot. But the building is all she can afford.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
white_wolf454
by Maiden on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe use Facebook I advertise for my local store The minds eye when i buy stuff from them i take photos and post up what i got and how much i spent and what sales are going on there and what a wonderful and welcoming store it is . That's the best  advice i can give , Good luck and Blessed be 

saltycoqui
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I've never done this so I googled. I found a site with some info. Good luck.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4847533_advertise-business-internet.html
SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

They already use FB.

Quoting white_wolf454:

maybe use Facebook I advertise for my local store The minds eye when i buy stuff from them i take photos and post up what i got and how much i spent and what sales are going on there and what a wonderful and welcoming store it is . That's the best  advice i can give , Good luck and Blessed be 

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I wish I had ideas. There are ZERO Pagan/New Age stores locally here. There's a shop in our mall that sells SOME stuff, but...

ShamanicWitch
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM

no ideas here sorry

Serenitymom
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM

maybe try advertising on pagan sites like wiccantogether, witchvox, etc... Maybe also try setting up a website, she'll be able to reach out more since pagans tend to be scattered. Also if there are any graphic design colleges in the area? I know at my school, the teachers will get calls about projects from real businesses and I think it's free or low cost to help with advertising or logos. (I'm in commercial and advertising arts program, not sure if all graphic design degrees are like that, worth looking into though.)

Also try advertising to the local library if they allow you to. Sometimes new pagans go their to learn about it. I've also met up with covens and other pagans in my area on a site call meetups.com, maybe hold events or discounts and such on there.

Hope this helps!

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

She does have a website though IMO it needs to be redesigned. I'll let her know about the colleges.

I know she won't pay the meetup fee. I've suggested that to her before and she said it didn't turn out well.

Quoting Serenitymom:

maybe try advertising on pagan sites like wiccantogether, witchvox, etc... Maybe also try setting up a website, she'll be able to reach out more since pagans tend to be scattered. Also if there are any graphic design colleges in the area? I know at my school, the teachers will get calls about projects from real businesses and I think it's free or low cost to help with advertising or logos. (I'm in commercial and advertising arts program, not sure if all graphic design degrees are like that, worth looking into though.)

Also try advertising to the local library if they allow you to. Sometimes new pagans go their to learn about it. I've also met up with covens and other pagans in my area on a site call meetups.com, maybe hold events or discounts and such on there.

Hope this helps!

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Here is her website. Like I said I think it really needs to be redesigned. IMO it's too dark and a bit scattered.

http://www.inannas.net/

Quoting Serenitymom:

Hope this helps!

Serenitymom
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM

The main picture might need to be changed. I can understand if it has value to the older pagans and such, but to new ones might not be so inviting since they may not understand.

With it being dark, may not be a bad thing. Wiccantogether is a very dark website too, but it does need some redesigning. Maybe some easier navigation as well.

She may also need to find out new trends with new or semi-new pagans, considering older pagans may not need as much because they might have majority of what they need. Also see what other websites that are doing well and the items they might have, see how they are doing.

And she might also pick a color scheme to her layout. And include those colors with the pictures she puts on there.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Here is her website. Like I said I think it really needs to be redesigned. IMO it's too dark and a bit scattered.

http://www.inannas.net/

Quoting Serenitymom:

Hope this helps!

redhead-bedhead
by Little Witch on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Where in Ohio is she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN