Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok witchy witches...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 268 Total Views

I know not all of you are, but...

I'm curious how my fellow witches feel about "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters"? I've read that some in the Pagan community are looking to boycott it because of a negative depiction of witches. 

What say you?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
white_wolf454
by Maiden on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:42 AM

to me from what i understand they go after bad witches so i not overly worried now if they were reacting the burning times then i would be upset

AnnieMcD
by Mother on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Here's the thing. Husband has a "wolf-y" personality, and he can't stand how werewolf movies always make the wolves the bad guys. But he still watches them, because they're great movies.

I finally understand how he feels LMAO. I don't want to want to watch this movie. But I really want to see it. It looks great.

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't care. It's just fiction. Anyone who believes they portray real witches is ignorant.

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I agree! It's based on a fairy tale. An old one. The witch was the bad guy...it shouldn't be a surprise that when Hansel and Gretel grow up, they don't like witches. LOL 

Anyway. I read that some wanted to boycott it and I thought it was kind of silly. 

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I don't care. It's just fiction. Anyone who believes they portray real witches is ignorant.

SerenaRose3
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

we have the choice to watch it or not one more movie about bad witches isnt going to make or break the opinons of others about fictious witches. The good witch series is close to what real witches are like. Problem is I dont see movies like that being a money maker, so thats why there are not to many of those. People like drama  and the bad and the ugly  thats the sad truth of it.

Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I think it's silly. I personally don't care for watching things like that, vampire slayer movies or werewolves or evil witch hunting movies. I watched the Season of the Witch, but i was very disapointed with the final battle at the end. they just end up seeming cheesy to me. and those pagan folks who are offended can get off their high horse and laugh at the ignorance of others, that's what i like to do.

saltycoqui
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I don't go to movie theaters anymore. I pay enough for cable and can more cheaply rent from home. I still haven't seen the Snow White movie.
I don't like the negative light on witches but it's only a movie... well that's what I'm telling myself.
liz.1986
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Dh and I saw that preview in theaters. He asked me, "Does that piss you off? Will you see it?" I told him no and that I probably won't. Do I dislike the negative portrayal? Sure, so it naturally doesn't interest me but I may watch it just to say I have. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wowguildmomma
by Neophyte on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Witchy films have never bothered me. Alot of them I have watched. Do I really look to filmmakers to correctly portray anyone? Gosh no as to me that would just be silly and no films would ever get made period outta fear of offending someone. They are there to make money and just about every religion or sterotype is tossed under the bus in the name of it. 

Anagalia022
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I feel it is a fairy tale.  But, if there are people out there that believe in this I don't go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)