Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wanted to "help" today

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 207 Total Views

We went to a spiritual center today. They have a service every Saturday. (It's Pagan oriented btw). At home I let Wyatt blow out the candles at the end of the service. Well there was a candle burning in the center of the room and Wyatt thought he'd be helpful and try to blow it out. lol

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Zazayam
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM

lol, cute.

PepperWillow
by Little Witch on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Cute. I thought you weren't  "supposed" to blow out candles though...something I heard. I think it's because it may disperse the energy? I've also heard not to extinguish one element (fire) with another (air). 

Just sharing what I've heard. Hope it doesn't offend. :)

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM

No offense. I don't subscribe to that belief though. I see my breath as energy, and that energy is transforming my intent into smoke that travels upward toward the divine. So... I never snuff it out but rather blow out candles.

At the center they do snuff them out though.

Quoting PepperWillow:

Cute. I thought you weren't  "supposed" to blow out candles though...something I heard. I think it's because it may disperse the energy? I've also heard not to extinguish one element (fire) with another (air). 

PepperWillow
by Little Witch on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM

That's a cool way to look at it.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

No offense. I don't subscribe to that belief though. I see my breath as energy, and that energy is transforming my intent into smoke that travels upward toward the divine. So... I never snuff it out but rather blow out candles.

Quoting PepperWillow:

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I do this, too. Sometimes. Sometimes I snuff. :D

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting PepperWillow:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saltycoqui
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

That's sweet.

I have theory about blowing out candles vs snuffed out. Say you are outdoors and there are trees and plants around. If you blow on the fire, there is a chance that a spark can fly over to the plants and start a forest fire. Snuffing it out could be safer.  

So I can only guess that a long time ago, someone learned this lesson the hard way. 

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM

That's true. I've blown wax onto my altar cloth before. So from a safety standpoint I can completely  understand.

Btw, I used this discussion as a blog prompt.

Salem's Creations Blog: Snuffed or Blown

Quoting saltycoqui:

That's sweet.

I have theory about blowing out candles vs snuffed out. Say you are outdoors and there are trees and plants around. If you blow on the fire, there is a chance that a spark can fly over to the plants and start a forest fire. Snuffing it out could be safer.  

So I can only guess that a long time ago, someone learned this lesson the hard way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)