Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ostara plans?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

Do you have any? What are they?

I really want to celebrate with my kids this year. It has been down right cold here so I'm not sur eif we are going to be able to do any outside stuff. I have lots of fun indoor activties I plan to do with them though. Like coloring eggs and baking Ostara bread. :) 

For bedtime I am going to read one of the Ostara myths I have collected over the years to them. (They love when I read about the God/dess) 

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM

i'm decorating a basket for my son with some small gifts inside, he'll hunt eggs and we'll have a nice spring breakfast. i'm hoping to find an ostra story to read to him, but they seem hard for me to find.

punkymommy91
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I'm planning a special dinner, like I do for every Sabbat, for my family. It just snowed again, so it looks like my outdoor plans are shot. I need to come up with some indoor things to do. It happens to fall on the only day off DH has this week. I wish I could find some Ostara children's books. Everything is all Easter and Jesus in the store.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

We're going to have a big family day at my grandmother's house, with lots of food and outside fun for the kids. :)

NiamhWitch
by Little Witch on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
We're not really doing anything today for it. Maybe I'll have my own private thing. But on Saturday we are meeting with our coven and the kids will all paint Ostara eggs, we'll have an egg hunt, and then an herb class. Then we will have ritual and general merriment. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Crone on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Funds were a little low this year. I was going to buy my boys the Rupert books, do eggs, but it just didn't work out. They'll get to do Easter with my in laws, so it's no biggie. I'll have myself a small, quiet ritual tonight. 

Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM

oh, my goodness! my calendar didn't tell me when Spring was so we'll end up celebrating on Zombie Jesus Day. ugh! at least by then my husband would have gotten paid.

Glitchtastic
by Little Witch on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Here is a link to one that is very similar to the one I have saved over the years. (It's the only one I could find online.) It's pretty cute and at the bottom of the page. The other stuff on this page is neat too!! 

Link here.

Quoting Harleysmom213:

i'm decorating a basket for my son with some small gifts inside, he'll hunt eggs and we'll have a nice spring breakfast. i'm hoping to find an ostra story to read to him, but they seem hard for me to find.

Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM

thanks! it's amazing how hard it is to find good pagan stories for both boys and girls. normally they just feature a girl, but these ones that tell what the hoilday is about is great since i don't have to worry about my son identifying with a character.

Quoting Glitchtastic:

Here is a link to one that is very similar to the one I have saved over the years. (It's the only one I could find online.) It's pretty cute and at the bottom of the page. The other stuff on this page is neat too!! 

Link here.

Quoting Harleysmom213:

Glitchtastic
by Little Witch on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I couldn't agree more. I've always felt like there should be a bit more male geared things (or at least easier to find) in Paganism. I get why the Goddess stuff is mostly focused on, but in a way I feel like the God gets left behind. I never really noticed until I had my two boys and like you found it hard to find things that they could identify with. 

Quoting Harleysmom213:

thanks! it's amazing how hard it is to find good pagan stories for both boys and girls. normally they just feature a girl, but these ones that tell what the hoilday is about is great since i don't have to worry about my son identifying with a character.

Quoting Glitchtastic:

Link here.

Quoting Harleysmom213:

Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Mar. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

definately! I've noticed too that the God does get left behind. i want to teach my son equality of the sexes, but i can't do that if everything around us is so gender biased. it's bad enough we have to worry about our sons respecting women when they get older, then i have to worry about if our own God gets enough respect as the Goddes and how it may reflect gender bias on my part. ok, i may be getting a little ahead of myself here, lol.

Quoting Glitchtastic:

I couldn't agree more. I've always felt like there should be a bit more male geared things (or at least easier to find) in Paganism. I get why the Goddess stuff is mostly focused on, but in a way I feel like the God gets left behind. I never really noticed until I had my two boys and like you found it hard to find things that they could identify with. 

Quoting Harleysmom213:

Quoting Glitchtastic:

Link here.

Quoting Harleysmom213:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN