Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pagan Wife Swap

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 414 Total Views

A recent episode of Wife Swap involved a Pagan family. If you've watched previously, Pagans have been treated as quite goofy on this show. Supposedly this is better, but I have not had the chance to watch it yet. 

See it HERE

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Little Witch on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

The most recent one was pretty tame compared to the others.  The wives focused more on the children than the religous aspects and it helped the non pagan mom understand that there was no evil in it.

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the link. I wanted to watch that Thursday but forgot about it. I'm glad they didn't portray Pagans in a bad way. Though I don't believe that mom learned anything. At the end she was looking at the altar left for her and kind of upturned her nose. I doubt it will stay there. Also at the end where they are talking about if they've followed through, it says the man hasn't cooked dinner for his wife. I doubt he'll change much either. Though it did say he stopped screaming at his child.

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I was never into wife swap. I think I only watched one or two episodes when it first aired.

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I liked that this family of Pagans was not portrayed as goofy. I agree that she didn't really learn much in terms of tolerance, though I did appreciate that she apologized to the children.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Thanks for the link. I wanted to watch that Thursday but forgot about it. I'm glad they didn't portray Pagans in a bad way. Though I don't believe that mom learned anything. At the end she was looking at the altar left for her and kind of upturned her nose. I doubt it will stay there. Also at the end where they are talking about if they've followed through, it says the man hasn't cooked dinner for his wife. I doubt he'll change much either. Though it did say he stopped screaming at his child.

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Yes the apology was a good thing for her to do. I also liked their idea of placing a name of someone attacking them in sand and freezing it. That one went in my memory bank of ideas. :)

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

I liked that this family of Pagans was not portrayed as goofy. I agree that she didn't really learn much in terms of tolerance, though I did appreciate that she apologized to the children.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Ahaha! Me too!!

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Yes the apology was a good thing for her to do. I also liked their idea of placing a name of someone attacking them in sand and freezing it. That one went in my memory bank of ideas. :)

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

redhead-bedhead
by Little Witch on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I'll be sure to watch it in a bit.

NiamhWitch
by Little Witch on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I'm watching this now.  OMG the way the tap-Dad treats his family, especially his son... I almost started crying.  :-(

Harleysmom213
by Little Witch on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I'm afraid i only watched until the first commercial. I honestly forgot why i couldn't stand the show and now i remember. all of the misconceptions, judgements, and abusive families drives me nuts. with all of the drama that insues, i get too worked up over a show.

VixenVictoria
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Just ... W O W.

A GROWN MAN that can't dress or feed himself?! Seriously?! Absolutely laughable. I can't even imagine tolerating nonsense like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)