Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Menstration & Ritual

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

With Beltane upon us, AF couldn't come at a worse time for me. Theories vary on menstruation and ritual. Some believe ritual shouldn't be done at all. Some believe you should focus only on the self and letting go of past energy/worries. Others find no impact and go along as normal. Do you do ritual when you have AF? Do you feel your energy is heightened or lessened?

For me, definitely lessened. I doubt we'll do much to celebrate Beltane.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
softkitty369
by Neophyte on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I've always heard that when a woman has her blood moon that she has a more intense power. I, personally, don't feel more powerful when AF comes to call but some women might. I think that if you want to practice ritual, you can. AF shouldn't really have anything to do with it, unless your skyclad. Then it could become messy
SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Never gone skyclad. I keep the world beautiful by keeping cloths on! lol

I agree it shouldn't matter. Only reason it does for me right now is because I feel terrible. All achy and crampy. Ritual is about the last thing I want to do right now.

Quoting softkitty369:

I've always heard that when a woman has her blood moon that she has a more intense power. I, personally, don't feel more powerful when AF comes to call but some women might. I think that if you want to practice ritual, you can. AF shouldn't really have anything to do with it, unless your skyclad. Then it could become messy

saltycoqui
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM

You too!? I've been so down this week. I haven't been in any pain but really grumpy and sad. Been dragging myself for days. 

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Unfortunatly. I knew it was coming soon. Dh and I celebrated Beltane a bit early. lol

I didn't use to have pain, cramping or any "normal" period symtoms. But when I had a tubal done that changed things. Now I just want to crawl into a ball and sleep for a week.

Quoting saltycoqui:

You too!? I've been so down this week. I haven't been in any pain but really grumpy and sad. Been dragging myself for days. 

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I had that same problem. I never had any pain, cramping or anything like that UNTIL I got my tubal. If you're anything like me, it doesn't get better, I'm sorry.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Unfortunatly. I knew it was coming soon. Dh and I celebrated Beltane a bit early. lol

I didn't use to have pain, cramping or any "normal" period symtoms. But when I had a tubal done that changed things. Now I just want to crawl into a ball and sleep for a week.

Quoting saltycoqui:

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I've had the tubal for 2 yrs. nope it isn't getting better.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I had that same problem. I never had any pain, cramping or anything like that UNTIL I got my tubal. If you're anything like me, it doesn't get better, I'm sorry.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting saltycoqui:

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I'm going on my 6th year... June 21st will be the start of the 6th year.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM

DO you have ovulation pain also? It didn't happen this month. But last month I was doubled over in pain. I couldn't sleep for several hours that night because it felt like someone was ripping me apart on my side.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I don't have it that bad, but I do have ovulation pain. I'm also having missed periods now. I started skipping periods last year, but I still have PMS symptoms about that time. 

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

DO you have ovulation pain also? It didn't happen this month. But last month I was doubled over in pain. I couldn't sleep for several hours that night because it felt like someone was ripping me apart on my side.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Mine have always been irregular. Every 3 or 4 months I skip the entire month for some reason. Each month I do have a period its just a little bit later. I usually run around a 34-40 day cycle instead of the normal 28. That's part of the reason we only have two kids, and 10 yrs apart.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I don't have it that bad, but I do have ovulation pain. I'm also having missed periods now. I started skipping periods last year, but I still have PMS symptoms about that time. 

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)