Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Menstration & Ritual

With Beltane upon us, AF couldn't come at a worse time for me. Theories vary on menstruation and ritual. Some believe ritual shouldn't be done at all. Some believe you should focus only on the self and letting go of past energy/worries. Others find no impact and go along as normal. Do you do ritual when you have AF? Do you feel your energy is heightened or lessened?

For me, definitely lessened. I doubt we'll do much to celebrate Beltane.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Replies (11-15):
AllofFive19
by Little Witch on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM

My periods used to come yearly. I didn't get one until 2 weeks before my 17th birthday. The dr put me on progesterone for 1 month. January to February to regulate my periods. It didn't help, but 1 year later I got pregnant. Tell me that isn't messed up.

The drs told me I was clincially infertile. I don't even think I got a period in between him and Reece (11 months apart). After Reece was born, I got very few periods.

There are about 3 1/2 years inbetween Reece and Rhea. The day after I had her I got my tubes tied. Within a couple months I got my first regular period. I got it once a month every month. 

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Mine have always been irregular. Every 3 or 4 months I skip the entire month for some reason. Each month I do have a period its just a little bit later. I usually run around a 34-40 day cycle instead of the normal 28. That's part of the reason we only have two kids, and 10 yrs apart. 

Zazayam
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I almost always feel better. I'll have an odd month here or there where cramps or general ugh feelings make me too run down but for the most part I very much enjoy practicing during my cycle.

..MoonShine..
by Crone on May. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Lessened. Primarily because I get horrible menstrual migraines. It's the only time I get them.
redhead-bedhead
by Little Witch on May. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I don't have rituals but when AF is here I try to not be so negative about it because it's a part of what makes us women.

Anagalia022
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to suffer a lot of pain to a long time ago.  I had a complete hysterectomy Nov. 7,2001.  I feel so much better have more energy.  The operation didn't effect my gifts at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN