Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't like ranting ladies, turn back now. My apologies.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of bashing of Traditional vs Eclectic Wiccans/Witches. I'm getting tired of it honestly. (not in this group btw, just on the internet in general).

I'm an Eclectic Wiccan. Perhaps I should say witch. But I don't get caught up in labels very much. I was taught by an Eclectic Wiccan. I didn't just read a book and call myself Wiccan one day. It took years of self discovery to come to that decision. Since that day, I've never wavered.

What I believe in does NOT involve you. (General you). I don't pretend to be anything other than what I am. A person on a spiritual journey that is eclectic and somewhat undefinable. I live outside the box, because inside it doesn't fit me. Does that mean I cherry pick what I believe? Absolutely not! Matter of fact, I have believed as I do way before I ever heard the term Wiccan. Does it mean my spiritual journey has been "easy" or "unchallenging"? ABSO-FREAKING-LOOTLY NOT!

If I wanted to be unchallenged and follow an easy path, I'd just have chosen Christianity. After all that is "normal". Or at the very least, told people I'm atheist. That's what I told people who were nosy when I was in high school. 

Bottom line is that Christians have spent centuries tearing each denominations members apart. Lets learn from their mistake and SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER even if you don't agree with their path.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (11-15):
AllofFive19
by Little Witch on May. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I know, I was just clarifying, because you seemed to contradict yourself there with the "If I wanted to be unchallenged and follow an easy path, I'd just have chosen Christianity." comment.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Right and that's what I mean by learning from their mistakes. All throughout history we see arguments and fights. Stop the madness! Each person should be able to live their life as they wish without judgements.

Quoting AllofFive19:

You get challenged even as a Christian, i.e. different denominations and fights between them, or getting told that since you believe in (homosexuality, divorce, Lilith, Mary not being a whore) then you're not a real Christian. 

I don't care what spiritual/religious path you choose in life, as long as you don't kill people or WBC them in the name of your religion.

earthmother399
by Little Witch on May. 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM
2 moms liked this

one of the things that drew me to the pagan community was the inclusiveness and acceptance. when i started hearing digs at the spiritual paths that were different, i was shocked and saddened. it's really nice to hear that there are other people who feel the way i do. maybe i'll start venturing back into the community...lol

SalemWitchChild
by Little Witch on May. 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I've seen with local groups it is more accepting. Online you get the people who like to judge and belittle once in awhile.

Quoting earthmother399:

one of the things that drew me to the pagan community was the inclusiveness and acceptance. when i started hearing digs at the spiritual paths that were different, i was shocked and saddened. it's really nice to hear that there are other people who feel the way i do. maybe i'll start venturing back into the community...lol

cookierode
by Little Witch on May. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM

im pagan. broad, general term.  dont follow a dogma, really, certainly dont feel wiccan.  found what i am and it clicked, and i worship goddess and god, celebrate nature, and teach my kids to honor them.  write my own rituals and prayers.  not worried about what others think about it, either.  it took me years to figure out who i am and what i am about.  not willing to give others the opportunity to judge me for it. (or at least listen to them judge me)

sapphyre_rose
by Little Witch on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I agree I am eclectic witch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)