Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi, I am new

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 704 Total Views
My name is brandi, I am new to the group. I grew up in a church (grandfather is a retired pastor) I used ti practice Buddhism but have learned that is not the right path for me. I want something that will connect me more to nature and help.me grow more spiritually. I recently came across some information on wicca. I want to learn more, I need help. I am honestly very interested in wicca. There are no covens that I know of around here (i have been looking) and no one I know IRL practices. If there is anyone on here that help me, guide me, that would be appreciated tremendously. TIA
by on May. 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome :)

I've been pagan my whole life, I don't know a whole lot about Wicca, but Scott Cunningham is amazing (if I spelled his name right...) and a great place to start would be picking up any and all books by him.

bxmom2580
by on May. 30, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, scott cunningham is excellent

Also, look into these authors as well:

Raven grimassi
Ellen dugan
DJ conway
Timothy roderick- a year and a day is an excellent starting workbook

Quoting Zazayam:

I've been pagan my whole life, I don't know a whole lot about Wicca, but Scott Cunningham is amazing (if I spelled his name right...) and a great place to start would be picking up any and all books by him.

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on May. 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I agree, Scott Cunningham is amazing. This store may be able to help you find out more about wicca, including covens:

The Old Age Metaphysical Country Store

5918 Creek Dr     Billings   MT   59106  

406-656-3304
See Map     Store WebSite   

We stock everything from tumbled stones, natural mineral specimens, cut and polished quartz crystals, spheres, eggs, massage tools and wands to the stands and pillows to display these elements of nature. Our selection of metaphysical jewelry includes many gemstone pendants, silver and brass pendants, chakra bracelets and earrings. Also metaphysical supplies with an excellent selection of tarot decks and sets as well as other book/card sets, including such tools as the Angel Oracles, Runes, I Ching and many other divination tools.

goodnightmama
by Little Witch on May. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Thats awesome thank you. This might be a blonde moment but how did you know I was in billings mt?

Quoting AllofFive19:

I agree, Scott Cunningham is amazing. This store may be able to help you find out more about wicca, including covens:

406-656-3304

We stock everything from tumbled stones, natural mineral specimens, cut and polished quartz crystals, spheres, eggs, massage tools and wands to the stands and pillows to display these elements of nature. Our selection of metaphysical jewelry includes many gemstone pendants, silver and brass pendants, chakra bracelets and earrings. Also metaphysical supplies with an excellent selection of tarot decks and sets as well as other book/card sets, including such tools as the Angel Oracles, Runes, I Ching and many other divination tools.

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on May. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
It was on your profile :)
Quoting goodnightmama:

Thats awesome thank you. This might be a blonde moment but how did you know I was in billings mt?

Quoting AllofFive19:

406-656-3304

goodnightmama
by Little Witch on May. 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh lol. See I told you blonde moment. :-)

Quoting AllofFive19:

It was on your profile :)

Quoting goodnightmama:

Quoting AllofFive19:

406-656-3304

..MoonShine..
by Crone on May. 31, 2013 at 1:28 AM

What ↓ she said. I LOVE Ellen Dugan-very friendly and simple and approachable. Scott Cunningham was the first I read and I have several of his books even though I am not Wiccan. 

Quoting bxmom2580:

Yes, scott cunningham is excellent

Also, look into these authors as well:

Raven grimassi
Ellen dugan
DJ conway
Timothy roderick- a year and a day is an excellent starting workbook

Quoting Zazayam:

And a big happy WELCOME to you!! 

rnmom4lif
by Little Witch on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM

welcome! ive been studying paganism for alittle over 3 years now so im still realativley new too. i look forward to learning and growing with you!

Anagalia022
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Welcome to the group! I am a Eclectic Solitary Witch. My late mother taught me witchcraft at the age of 6 years old. My late mother's mother taught her at the same age. Then my late Grandmother's mother taught her same age. Witchcraft keeps going back were it kinda get lost until way back in my late mother's background she was someone's Aunt she was a fortune teller. I come from a line of Witch's on my mother's side. 

sapphyre_rose
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Welcome to the group
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)