Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of confused

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

Ok so here's my problem I come from a Christian family like most and they respect my choice in religion but they still want to take my Daughter to church. I choose to sing at my grandmothers church because I can't find a place anywhere else to sing but I don't see the point in taking my daughter who is six to church on Sunday's. whats worse is when she gets there she asks questions like where is the goddess and I have to cover for her because I'm not sure how the congregation would react if they knew I am a Pagan. Maybe I should leave but I enjoy the singing so much Music is my Major in Collage and its a big part of my life but I don't want my Daughter brain washed either. Like I said confused. 

Blessed Be )0(

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CharRS
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Are there any UU churches near you?
MadisonRain
by Neophyte on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM

None that I have been able to find but I have been looking.

SerenaRose3
by Little Witch on Jun. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

there has to be some place to sing at. Have you looked into other choir groups? 

AllofFive19
by Little Witch on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I don't know about your church, but there are some tolerant churches. I wouldn't cover for your daughter, she's old enough to understand that people believe different things. Tell her Grandma and Grandpa believe in a god, and they don't believe in the goddess, and that it's okay.

rnmom4lif
by Little Witch on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM

i agree. your daughter is old enough to know that people believe differnt things BUT i wouldnt want her to feel like she had to hide what she/ or i believed. there are churchs you could attend that might be more open minded or tolerant of other beliefs, but if i thought that church wouldnt be tolerant of my or my childs belief id have to find somewhere else to sing.

Quoting AllofFive19:

I don't know about your church, but there are some tolerant churches. I wouldn't cover for your daughter, she's old enough to understand that people believe different things. Tell her Grandma and Grandpa believe in a god, and they don't believe in the goddess, and that it's okay.

..MoonShine..
by Crone on Jun. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Is there a community choir you can join, rather than a church one? I would look into that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)