Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gemstones

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 347 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Amethyst - Healing, protects against negative energies. 

Element : Water / Pisces & Aquarius

Amber - Transmutes negative energy to positive. 

Element: Fire / Planet: Sun

Diamond - Purifies, amplifies thoughts & feelings, both positive and negative.

Elements: Air, Fire / Planet: Sun

*meditation, scrying, intuition*

Hematite - Grounding, clarifies thought, improves memory & calms anxiety.

Elements: Fire / Planet: Saturn

*willpower, confindence, problem solving, psychic awareness*

Lapiz Lazuli - Deep wisdom & Intuition. Opens the 3rd eye and leads to enlightenment.

*brain disorders, depression, trance, meditation*

Moonstone: Balances Ying & Yang. Enhances the inner feminine, & acceptance for yin attributes.

Element: Water / Planet: Moon

Diety: Hekate

Opal - Amplifies emotion, insight, and spontaneity. Very potent, can cause difficulty wiht some. Each color of opal is unique. 

Elements: All 4

Pearl: Pure mind and heart. Balances emotion and reduces stress

Quartz Crystal - attracts / amplifies/ sends energy

Rose Quartz - Balances ying & yang. Restores harmony after emotional wounds. 

Element: Air

Turqouise - Highly spiritual yet grounding. Uplifting to unconditional love. Alighns chakras and opens heart. 
Elements: Water

Bloodstone (Heliotrope) - Connected to matters of blood such as hemmoraging, mentstrual cycles, circulatory system. Also used in relation to money & abundance, fertility.

Element: Fire / Planet: Mars

Carnelian - Use for magical sheilding or against psychic attack.

Element : Earth / Grounding

Garnet - Strongly tied to womens bodies. Associated with moon magic. Used in  rituals to balance the spiritual with the physical body. Connected to the root chakra.

Element: Fire / Diety: Persephone 

Jade- Pure love, serenity, innocence, and truthfulness. 

Element: Earth

Jasper - (Egyptian marble)

Debilitating disease, blood disorders. Grounding, centering, luck & good fortune. 

Element: Earth

Obsidian - draws toxins from the body - used in energy work at base of feet to pull toxins downwards. Protects from abuse & harm. Scrying & Intuition. Subconcious self. 

Element: Fire

Sapphire - Used in rituals of prophesy & contacting spirit guides. 

Element: Water / Planet: Mercury / Libra

Tigers Eye - Energy, physical health, courage, protection.

Element: Fire

Zircon - Sexual energy. Diamond substitute. overall healing. Beauty, love, peace, relationships.

Element: Fire / Planet: Sun

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oxMichelexo
by Keeper of the Book on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

CRYSTALS - MEANINGS AND USES

♦  AGATE-- Calming, comforting, useful for relieving pain.
♦  AMBER-- Electrifying. Relieves fear and problems, depression, tiredness, Asthma and infections. Soothing.
♦  AMETHYST-- Protects against excesses in all forms. Powerful blood cleanser. Excellent for meditation. Calming.
♦  AQUAMARINE-- Keeps one young and happy living. Calms nerves, helps banish fear and phobia. Excellent for meditation. Good luck for travellers.
♦  BLOODSTONE-- Used to balance and calm the uneasy mind. Develops courage and caution. Augments mental and physical vitality. Powerful physical healer.
♦  CALCIUM-- Alleviates fear and reduces stress. Valued as a thought amplifier, increases capacity for astral projection. Aids kidneys, pancreas and spleen.
♦  CARNELIAN-- Energises blood. Aids kidneys, lungs, gallbladder and pancreas. Increases faith and repels fear. Alleviates bad temper and brings contentment.
♦  CITRINE-- Relieves tiredness, brings happiness and strengthens nerves. Good for heart, kidneys and liver. Enhances body healing energy and tissue regeneration.
♦  COPPER-- Influences blood flow, aids metabolism. Balances emotions. Alleviates poor memory and the ability to retain thoughts. Eases Arthritic pain.
♦  DIAMOND-- A master healer..Enhances brain function. Draws toxicity from the body. Useful for anxiety, insecurity and low self-esteem. Thought amplifier.
♦  EMERALD-- Calms the troubled mind and increases psychic clairvoyance. Makes one more mentally alert.
♦  FLUORITE-- Strengthens bone tissue, especially teeth. Eases bone tissue and dental disease. Alleviates anxiety and sexual frustration.
♦  GARNET-- Enhances will power and perseverance. Comforts depression strengthens heart. Eases bad dreams.
♦  GOLD-- Balances brain hemispheres. Aids tissue regeneration. Eases depression and suicidal tendencies. Amplifies thought and aids thought retention.
♦  JASPER-- Helps morning sickness, relieves stomach and liver and kidney diseases. Calms uneasy minds and induces caution.
♦  MOONSTONE-- Brings success and contentment. Protects against accidents. Benefits pregnancy, menstrual problems and stimulates lactation.
♦  OBSIDIAN-- Balances stomach, intestines and muscle tissue. Alleviates inflammation and reduces stress. Protects soft hearted and gentle people.
♦  OPAL-- Emotional balancer used for radiating sex appeal. Amplifies thought, eases sexual depression. The Friendship Stone. 
♦  PERIDOT-- Strengthens heart and eyes. Aids tissue regeneration, reduces stress and helps personal disorders.
♦  QUARTZ, CLEAR-- Conquers fear, protects against loss of balance and motion sickness. Balances emotions and stimulates the brain. Excellent for meditation.
♦  QUARTZ, ROSE-- The Love Stone. Aids creative thinking, stimulates creative ability. Eases sexual and emotional unbalances. Reduces stress, enhances forgiveness and relaxation. 
♦  QUARTZ, SMOKY-- Increases fertility, eases heart disease and neurological disorders. Aids depression, good for meditation.
♦  TIGER EYE-- Assists thought, mental faculties and literacy. Balances emotions and eases stubborness.
♦  TOURMALINE-- Builds self confidence and concentration. Good for nervousness and sadness. Vitalises and gives inspiration.

CLEANSING YOUR CRYSTAL

The life field of a human is the strongest of all life fields. When another person touches your crystal, he leaves his own energy imprinted on the life field of the crystal. To avoid this the crystal should be cleansed to remove the imprinted energy. This can be done by covering the crystal with sea salt for 2 to 7 days. Or, if you prefer, you may submerge your crystal in a salt water solution of one half pound of sea salt to one gallon of water for the same period of time.
Another way to cleanse your crystal is too wash it thoroughly in water and leave out in the moonlight for one night. Sunlight can have the same effect.

ACTIVATING YOUR CRYSTAL

Hold your crystal in the palm of your left hand. In a short while the crystal will begin to pulse or vibrate in attunement with you. This will feel like a tingling sensation in your hand. Some may have to wait longer for this to happen. As soon as you feel this sensation you can begin to use it.

HEALING WITH YOUR CRYSTAL

Make sure you are thoroughly relaxed and in a comfortable environment. Hold your crystal in your Left hand. Place your right hand over the pain area. If the pain is on the right side, place the left hand with the crystal on the area, then grasp the left arm with the right hand. Hold these positions for half an hour if possible.
The crystal amplifies energy. Energy flows in the left hand and out the right hand. If you place your right hand over the pain area, youwill decrease the pain by sending energy into that area.
You can also use your crystal during meditation, simply by holding it in your left hand and placing your right hand over your left. You will feel the energy being circulated through your body and this can bring an incredible feeling of euphoria and peace.

lnk8522
by Sister on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM

i got a mixed bunch of tumbled gemstones, but ive only been able to identify some of themm unfortunatly. some of them, to myuntrained eye, look like they could be a few different types.. :(

oxMichelexo
by Keeper of the Book on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

same here.. I'm considering taking them to a jewelry store and see if they have any clues. 

Quoting lnk8522:

i got a mixed bunch of tumbled gemstones, but ive only been able to identify some of themm unfortunatly. some of them, to myuntrained eye, look like they could be a few different types.. :(

oxMichelexo
by Keeper of the Book on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Blue Lace Agate is a gentle, calming stone that brings tranquility, a lessening of anger (even deep anger issues) and a calming of nervousness. It assists in releasing the fear of death and oppressive burdens. It brings peace and it enhances clear self-expression. It helps to access the highest realms, bringing you inspiration. Carry Blue Lace Agate to soothe and open avenues to self-expression, as it allows you to speak your truth peacefully and calmly. It aids in releasing your fears with regards to your own self-expression. It's one of the best stones for opening your throat chakra when its natural function has become limited or blocked. Spiritually, Blue Lace Agate assists in flight, grace, reaching higher Spiritual planes, communicating with Angels and activating the throat chakra. It can help bring you stronger intuition and inner knowing. Inspiration is another hallmark of Blue Lace Agate, assisting in inner attunement, and can be useful for performing miracles. Blue Lace Agate is considered a stone of communication, taking the harsh edge off communication in difficult times, enhancing public speaking, and smoothing discussions. It also brings tactfulness to speech and written communications. It's used in crystal healing to reduce or cure stuttering and other nervous speech habits and patterns. As with all Agates, Blue Lace Agate is a protective stone and can be particularly effective when calling upon Angels for protection. It can aid with arthritis, headaches, digestive issues, physical growth, and bone strengthening.

Chakras: Third Eye, Throat
Astrological sign: Gemini, Pisces

Gypsy60
by Sister on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
LOL same here and I just thought about the jewelry store the other day,wondering if they could help.I'd post pic here too,but dont know how.

Quoting oxMichelexo:

same here.. I'm considering taking them to a jewelry store and see if they have any clues. 

Quoting lnk8522:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oxMichelexo
by Keeper of the Book on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM

to post a pic here, you upload it from your computer - and if you have a cell phone you can either upload that to your comp and then put it here or send it to your CM photo email address. I use Dropbox to share files between my phone, my comp, and all my accounts. 

Quoting Gypsy60:

LOL same here and I just thought about the jewelry store the other day,wondering if they could help.I'd post pic here too,but dont know how.

Quoting oxMichelexo:

Quoting lnk8522:

teresa1267
by Sister on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM
If you can find someone who works with stoned... gemologists who go out and dig these stones. My husbands uncle and my aunts husband does this. Jewelers are great but i think you would learn more from someone that has like a rock and gemstone store. Metaphysical store if they have someone working that knows about the stones would be great too. They can tell you the name and all that goes with that stone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)