Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Full Wolf Moon - January 26th - Correspondences

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

Full Moon

“Walk with me, O my soul,
Walk into the white light of the Moon,
Where my loved ones cannot follow
Nor I return.

I’ll charter unknown galaxies,
With neither map nor guide,
Save you, O my soul,
And the long-gone voices of my ancestors.

Their faces have no flesh,
Nor eyes to see nor lips to speak,
I hear them, O my soul, though I listen not
To their call.

Until I loosen the bonds of love,
I cannot drift along a moonbeams path,
Nor can I breach the veil beyond
Where you, O my soul, are free.”
Poem by Judy Croome

Color of the day: Indigo
Indigo is the color of the deep midnight sky. It can have a negative effect when used during a depressed state, because it will deepen the mood. Indigo symbolizes a mystical borderland of wisdom, self-mastery and spiritual realization. While blue is the color of communication with others, indigo turns the blue inward, to increase personal thought, profound insights, and instant understandings. While blue can be fast, Indigo is almost instantaneous. Inventors use indigo skills for inspirations that seem to 'come out of the blue'. 

Incense of the day: Pine
Pine is known for Magickal Uses of: Healing•Protection•Fertility
•Money •Prosperity•Exorcism

Magickal term: Divination – a means of foretelling the future or uncovering hidden knowledge. Common modern methods include the use of scrying, tarot, runes and dowsing

Just like the Sun, the Moon is constantly traveling through the Zodiac. But when the Sun spends one month in every Zodiac sign, the Moon only two-three days. The Moon affects us as much as the Sun, which is even truer for women

2nd Cancer
Moon enters Leo 9:20 AM EST
Vesta Direct 11:50 AM EST

A Moon Day (Lunar Day) is the period of time it takes for the Moon to complete one full rotation on its axis with respect to the Sun, and it is the time it takes the Moon to make one complete orbit around the Earth and come back to the same phase.

Moon Day 15
Full Moon. Day of all Earthly temptations, experience and test.
Self-control, self-limitation, carefulness, prudence, discipline is necessary. Hearty, hot, spicy food is recommended. Don't fall victim to laziness and negative influences. Avoid stress, arguments, temptations, suspicious places and company. Important business is not recommended

Saturday -- Saturn's day
Middle English saterday
Old English sæter(nes)dæg "Saturn's day"
Latin dies Saturni "day of Saturn"
Ancient Greek hemera Khronu "day of Cronus"

Saturn is the Roman and Italic god of agriculture and the consort of Ops. He is believed to have ruled the earth during an age of happiness and virtue. 

Cronus (Kronos, Cronos) is the Greek god (Titan) who ruled the universe until dethroned by his son Zeus.

Saturn’s Day Magick
Saturn’s Day – Ruled by the Planet Saturn
Magickal Influences:
Magickal Associations: Homes, endings, longevity, Agriculture and creativity, fortune and hope, protection and banishment of negativity.
This day magick involving binding, blocks, clear one's path, completions, constrictions and those who are restricting you, deaths, duties, the elderly, endings, finding families, gifts, lies, overcoming limitations, losses, moving home, obstacles, past lives, property, protection from psychic attack, rebirth, responsibilities, self-confidence, windfalls

Colors: Black, indigo, blue, gray and brown

Candle Color: Gray and Brown

Saturnian stones are useful for grounding, centering, protection, purification, and luck: Alum, Apache tear, Coal, Hematite, Jasper (brown), Jet, Obsidian, Onyx, Salt, Serpentine and black tourmaline.

METAL: LEAD; Energy; Receptive, Planet: Saturn, Element; Earth, Associated Herbs: Rose, nettle, rue, Cumin. Powers: Divination, protection, defense magick. 

ANGEL: Cassiel 
ASTROLOGICAL SIGN: Capricorn and Aquarius 
DEITIES: Bran the Blessed, Ceres, the Dagda, Demeter, Gaia, Hades, Hecate, Kronos, Mannu, Osiris, Pan, Pluto, Rhea, Saturn, Set 
ELEMENT: Earth 
ENERGY: Feminine / Receptive 
PLANTS/HERBS: Black poppy seeds, coltsfoot, hemlock, hyacinth, moss, myrrh, mullein, nightshade, pansy, pepperwort, thyme, wolf's bane 
TREE: Cypress or Fir tree

Saturn’s Aromas – Cypress, Mimosa, Myrrh, Patchouli

Today’s Stone Tidbit: BLUE STONES: blue is the color of the ocean, of sleep and of twilight. Blue is ruled by the element of water and the Planet Neptune. These are receptive stones and promote peace. Holding a blue stone or gazing at it by a soft light, calms the emotions. Wearing a blue stone while sleeping will help halt nightmares and give you a peace sleep. They are worn to promote healing and are sometimes held to reduce or remove pain from the body. Wear blue stone if you are in the need of purification. (Scott Cunningham)

Today’s Tarot

Death XIII
It comes in many guises; here death comes psychologically speaking rather than the physical death.
If you want to move past something in your life, you must pass through death. Death holds rewards, for these things may no longer be useful in your life and to move on past it may and could bring new energy and life.
The message of Death is that spiritual growth brings pain and it isn’t easy to let go of certain behaviors, beliefs or even people in your current path.
To endeavor is not without its rewards, what is to come must be faced in order to grow.
Be aware of the fear of change, letting go or out-moded ideas and that fear of change can lead to stagnation which in the longer run can be more spiritually harmful and painful than a clean death

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN