Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Things about Dressing Kids for Fall

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Fall is my favorite season. The weather has finally, finally cooled off, and the fall fashions every year never fail to get me excited to dress my kids. Mostly because the temperatures have dropped, and I don't have to worry, any longer, about the level of coverage my preteens and teens can flaunt.

In other words, there's less body to show.

One of the things I dread most about dressing my kids for summer and warmer weather in general is the lack of modesty - I really dislike the fashion of "If you've got it, let everyone and their mother know it!" that seems to be so prevalent in today's youth clothing. I'm not a prude - I just hate figthing the good fight with my daughters. Fall allows me to drop that argument, for the most part - the jeans, the sweaters, the scarves and tights - all come together to create fashion that's attractive and functional and can take my kid from school to church to visiting the grandparents with less frustration for any of us.

I recently bought my 8, 10 and 15 year old daughters sweaters that came with attached infinity scarves. I wasn't sure of this design, but it ended up being one of my favorite looks for all of them. It's pulled together without being too much, and can be dressed up with black pants or more relaxed with jeans.

My most favorite look for fall, though, would have to be boots. For girls and for boys, boots add an extra step of pizazz and polish that can make the most casual outfit move to the next level.  If you have teenage girls, a boot with a heel allows them to feel more adult and allows you to let them experiment with a look that's not stiletto heels. It's a heel compromise, if you will.

Now that fall has arrived in virtually every part of the Northern Hemisphere, what is your favorite part of dressing your kids?

©iStockphoto.com/bobbieo

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shopsha0911
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I really don't have much say in the wardrobe but my kids llike sweaters, scarfs, leggings, and boots.  

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I like buying my dd cute boots to wear.
proudmommy690
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Dont really have a favorite thing to put them in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

the colors and the soft clothes

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM

My kids are still little but I think they look so cute when we have the winter hats and gloves on and they are all bundled up for cold weather. 

jessicasmom1
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

DD is not into sweaters yet

mrswillie
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Mine are teens so they pick their own clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I like getting them long sleeve shirts and jeans mostly....but they pick out what they want now especially my daughter who is almost 10

goddess99
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute sweaters and boots. I love cardigans and thankfully my dd looks cute in them =)
kellynh
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
The cute boots!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN