Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

Posted by   + Show Post

Finding fashionable clothes for your little one that are fun and affordable can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 150 CafeMom members to visit Target and shop for fashionable items for their little one. We then asked our CafeMoms to create a photo album showcasing their fashion savvy little ones. With Target you can expect more but will pay less!

Tell us about your family. How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (71-80):
GotSomeKids
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, we finally did it.  My daughter, Ema, is 9 years old and she absolutely loved going into Target and picking out an entire outfit.  We get most of her clothes at Target anyway, so this was a super fun assignment.

These pics are of her picking out and trying on several outfits in the store.

These pics are of her trying on the outfit she eventually picked out to bring home.  She picked out a blinged out top, skirt/pant combo (also with bling) and a set of 6 earrings.

]

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I have to say that $25  doesn't go far.

With three kids, I had to decide which one I thought would benefit most from this experience, and while my oldest (12 yo daughter) loves to shop she has plenty of clothes.  I decided to take my middle son (10 yo) because everything he outgrows gets passed down to his younger brother (7yo) and he is always running out of clothes.

We went to three (3) different Targets in our area because everything he found that he loved, they didn't have in his size (7 for pants, Medium for Tops).  At the last one, I finally just told him we were just going to have to make do with the choices that were there because we were running out of time.

The good news is that we did find a lot of options atr the last store, including one of the shirts (a red

plaid button down) that had been at the top of his list originally.  He was also very excited to find a black tie.  He loves ties and has wanted a black one for years.  He would have prefered that it be a classic or zipper-styled one rather than a clip on, but the fact that it was black sent it sailing into the cart for purchase.

Jeans were also on his list.  The only pair that we found that fit him well were the Sean White ones.  I knew that it was about comfort and not branding when my son asked me "Who's Sean White?"

All in all, Eli tried on 8 pairs of jeans (he really loved the colors of the teal and red ones that were available but they were "super skinny" ones that look silly and uncomfortable even on my very thin child).  Only one fit properly even though most had adjustable waistbands.

He also tried on about 14 shirts/sweaters (and none were t-shirts).  He loved most of them, but even with doubling the value of the gift cards sent we couldn't have afforded more than two.  He was having such a tough time deciding on "just one" --which still sent us over budget if we bought the jeans--I said I would allow a second shirt choice.   He finally ended up picking a wide striped hooded pull-over even though he really wished that it had been available in the orange combination we had seen in a previous store instead of just the blue/grey one.

All in all he was very happy with his choices and could have easily purchased many more shirts as he found them comfortable and in styles that he prefers.

Thanks Target for giving my fashionista son an opportunity to shop!

Mom2Boys9501
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Hope this is ok but after looking through my kids' closets I decided that they didn't really need any clothes but my youngest desperately needed a new winter jacket so that's what I bought him. Sorry it took so long to get on here but I wanted to wait until he got his cast off and he just did that Tuesday. So here's my baby sporting his new winter jacket.

Original cost: $40 price I paid after $25 gc, $18

cowboysgirl3227
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 5:14 PM

My daughter, who is 10, and I enjoyed shopping at Target and looking at all the cute stuff they had.  We did online shopping since we do not have a Target near us.  The website is great and very easy to use.  I can say that I wish that their sizes went up higher since my daughter is getting out of the size 14/16.  She can still wear them but it won't be long before she is out of them.  With that said, she picked out an adorable outfit.  We purchased a top, sweater, and a pair of jeans for $48.97 plus $8.99 for shipping.  So I ended up paying $32.96 which was great.  The outfit came yesterday and my daughter wore it to school today.  She loved it and got lots of compliments on it.  She loves anything that sparkles so she was in love with the top.  The jeans are cute, they are a little long but her jeans are almost always too long.  Anyway she looked so cute and it was a great experience. 

We want to thank Cafemom for letting us participate in this awesome influencer.  We had a lot of fun and we love Target.  Their online shopping is really easy and the shipping is super fast.  I would recommend Target and their kids clothing anytime.  The quality is very nice and the styles are very cute.  The prices are great and very affordable.

NyiaBaby216
by Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Awww have fun ladies! How'd you get picked?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM
This is really cute! The sparkle makes it look fun, and the cardi keeps it classy! Love it!

Quoting cowboysgirl3227:

My daughter, who is 10, and I enjoyed shopping at Target and looking at all the cute stuff they had.  We did online shopping since we do not have a Target near us.  The website is great and very easy to use.  I can say that I wish that their sizes went up higher since my daughter is getting out of the size 14/16.  She can still wear them but it won't be long before she is out of them.  With that said, she picked out an adorable outfit.  We purchased a top, sweater, and a pair of jeans for $48.97 plus $8.99 for shipping.  So I ended up paying $32.96 which was great.  The outfit came yesterday and my daughter wore it to school today.  She loved it and got lots of compliments on it.  She loves anything that sparkles so she was in love with the top.  The jeans are cute, they are a little long but her jeans are almost always too long.  Anyway she looked so cute and it was a great experience. 

We want to thank Cafemom for letting us participate in this awesome influencer.  We had a lot of fun and we love Target.  Their online shopping is really easy and the shipping is super fast.  I would recommend Target and their kids clothing anytime.  The quality is very nice and the styles are very cute.  The prices are great and very affordable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM

My 5 year old modeling his choices from Target! Got this top for around 2$!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

And this one! He layered the tee over a thermal style shirt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

And this one. He layered this tee over a long sleeved tee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

His favorite choice! LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)