Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

Posted by   + Show Post

Finding fashionable clothes for your little one that are fun and affordable can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 150 CafeMom members to visit Target and shop for fashionable items for their little one. We then asked our CafeMoms to create a photo album showcasing their fashion savvy little ones. With Target you can expect more but will pay less!

Tell us about your family. How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
MissMia22
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM
When I was picked I was very excited as my toddler was the only one we had not done much shopping for and so we took him to pick out his own clothes...he got 2 sweaters and 2 long sleeved shirts and he picked it out himself. He is very proud of being a big boy and loves his new spongebob shirt with attacheable cape! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I shop clearance and thrift stores. I've almost never spent full price on clothes for them. I'm sure that will get harder as they get older.

babygomez
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I often shop at thrift stores for my kids, as well as for us! When I visit department stores, I always head straight to the clearance sections first. I rarely use coupons, but should, because my sister saves a lot when she does.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM

We shop seasonal sales and stock up in bigger sizes for next year! 

godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Oh my gosh. I would have love this one. Congratz everyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I'm always spending a ton for my kids. I really need to learn how not to spend a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rayel
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I seem to be in the same boat asmost of you.  Our budget keeps geting tighter.  Our family survives on clearance items and handme downs or gifts of outgrown clothes from friends.  We always are more than happy to share what we out grow with others around us because me know everyone around here is in the same boat.  With a 15 girl who wants to be fashionable, but herself and a 8 girl who doesn't have anywhere near the same frame as her older sister.  Some of the handme down end up by passing the younger daughter.  But my boys are worse on clothes than the girls.  They seem to wear out their clothes faster than anything.  Sometimes they even wear them out before they out grow them.

This is going to be great.  I ended up having to get some clothes for the youngest as he is growing the fastest and with 5 years between the two youngest I had passed on most of his clothes before he was born.

We live in Wisconsin and the weather is getting cooler by the day.  Matthew 5 and George 4 M needed the most.  Long pants enstead of shorts or just cute clothes that will keep them warm.

I just hope I am doing this right.  It is great for my kids who love looking for clothes and trying out new outfits.

Rayel
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Matthew loved picking out his own jeans.  He felt like such a big boy.

Rayel
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We really appreciate being choosen had a blast shopping as it was a fieldtrip for us as well.  The closest Target is in Dubuque, IA about and hour away.  So it was a fun day out for the whole family.

dandylynes
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

We did our Target shopping trip yesterday.  I love shopping with my daughter and nothing makes her happier than clothes shopping for herself :p  There were so many outfits that she wanted to get, but we told her only one.  She tried of a few and looked adorable in most.  I got pictures of 2 of the dresses she tried on, one she loved then the other neither of us liked the coloring.  She tried on a couple more, including a couple of shirts that were too sheer to ake pictures of at the store.  Ultimately she decided on a cream colored sheer shirt with a nude-ish tank top under and a pair of orange-ish corduroy pants.

Other than shopping at Target, my daughter enjoys shopping at thrift shops and second hand stores to satisfy some of her ecclentic styles.  SHe has her own clothes budget (she has a checking/debit acct.)so we use it as a learning experience in shopping thriftily.  She does get some more pricey stuff periodically, but  usually she likes a lot of choices.

Here's a couple of pictures with some things she picked out yesterday.        

This is the outfit she ultimately decided on:

This outfit was her second choice, she has so many dresses though, and not enough places to wear them to, we decided against  this.

This next outfit was the same style as the one above, but both of us really disliked the coloring.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)