Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

Posted by   + Show Post

Finding fashionable clothes for your little one that are fun and affordable can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 150 CafeMom members to visit Target and shop for fashionable items for their little one. We then asked our CafeMoms to create a photo album showcasing their fashion savvy little ones. With Target you can expect more but will pay less!

Tell us about your family. How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
my4kidsrock2
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:38 PM

We have 4 wonderful kids, ages 18, 15, 13, and 5. I save money by shopping clearance and thrift stores and repurposing old stuff. I usually turn my daughters winter jeans in to fun spring skirts and I can sew just about anything so I make a lot of my girls clothes (the boys don't like to wear things mom made, lol). 

I haven't quite decided how we are going to spend our gift card but I think my 13yo son may be the lucky one this time, lol. Hopefully we will go shopping tomorrow  :)

malxslady
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I am a mother of 4 (3 boys18, 12, 11 and 1 girl 12). I am constintly looking for the next bargin on everything under the sun. I am able to pass down the clothes for the boys and my daughter gets clothes from me and a friend but for the new clothes for all of them I check the clearance rack, look at the clearance sales with additional % off.  With this money I was able to shop online at Target and pick up my daughter 2 dresses and 1 shirt from the clearence section. She now will have more to wear for her one day a week of dress for success day at school.

somuchlove4U
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM
We shopped the clearance racks at Target and where able to get some nice clothes that my daughter loves! I'll post pictures later. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hello. :)              Thank You CafeMom and Target.  

Shopping for my family is extremely difficult as we have a large family and prices can be outrageous. We have .. Mom and Dad and 7 children. So we are always on the lookout for clothing as inexpensive as we can find.  Also, since my youngest just had her birthday yesterday, (4 now) I decided that I would buy her a birthday outfit.  As we don't have a Target close enough to us I went and shopped at their online store and had our order shipped to us and since it is getting much colder now winter is coming on, we decided to buy her a pair of pajama's.  This is what we decided to get...    

This was my first time shopping online at Target.  While browsing around, I found there are so many  categories to choose from.  While there are many categories to choose from, I was a little surprised at how pricey everything was. I could only get 1 outfit, since the rest of the money needed to be used for shipping. I'd recommend buying from Target if you aren't looking to get the biggest bang for your buck. They have nice clothes and have a decent selection for the bigger sizes. All in all, the experience was fun for both my daughter and I.  

sukainah
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM

My boys pass down their clothing as well

Quoting Harris06:

We shop a lot of sales and clearence. And I am not above shopping at Walmart, either. Hey, sometimes they have some super-cute pieces! Being that I have 3 girls we pass things down, too. However, they get new things specifically for them as well.

sukainah
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I'll have to check out Target for some deals.  I did go back to school shopping there and got some real good deals

Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I work with sales, outlet stores and coupons. I buy a lot at Carter's for my son for cheap. I also don't buy all at once...I spread it out.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Very cute!

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

I have a very girlie 3 yr. old girl and very cool 7 yr. old boy. Both of whom have inherited my love of clothes. They have always been well dressed, but I try not to blow my entire paycheck on clothes! There is so much cute stuff out there it's hard!

I keep shopping affordable by watching sales, and shopping clearence, especially at places like Target. 

Today I took my 3 yr. old shopping and let her do the walking. I was curious to see what she would pick, usually I am the one doing the picking! However, now she is getting an opinion and if I ask her if she likes something of course the answer is no! I thought that didn't start until much later! Anyway, today she picked out this super cute leggings and tunic set, it is purple and white (shocker because she is normally a pink girl!) and has puppies on the front wearing princess crowns. She fell in love with it and even better, it was on clearence for $7!! Woohoo! Then we went to the boys section and I picked out a super cool skull shirt and beanie for my son. The have skulls on them, he loves skulls. He has always been a cool kinda kid. He always gravitates toward the skater type clothes, he's 7 so I try to keep it appropriate, which with Target you usually can't go wrong. We were having so much fun, that I let my daughter pick out one more outfit (oops went $10 over!) she picked out a Hello Kitty Tshirt (which we will layer with a solid T she has) and a pair of Circo brand jeans. I love the Circo brand jeans, they are easy to get on and off, look nice, and you can't beat the quality for $5!!  

We had a great day! Love shopping with my girl! Next time I will bring along the boy, he was excited to come home from school to new clothes though :) We went out and had a leaf fight while I took pictures of them in their super cute new duds :)

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM

So cute!  My kids love the angry birds clothes too. 

Quoting CDMelty:

This is my 4yo DS, Tommy, in his new outfit from Target. I usually let him pick his own clothes (unless it's for a formal occasion where he needs to wear clothes he may not be partial to) and he was dead set on an Angry Birds shirt. I knew Target would have one because they have everything kids like. An associate helped us find one (She earned our respect by talking to my son rather than talking past him to me. This was his shirt so, for the moment, he was the customer in need of assistance.) and the smallest size they had was an XS in the big kid section. It's a bit baggy now, but he'll grow into it and he loves it. The jeans are a new Target buy, too. I like Target jeans because they don't wear out before they grow out, and they have the adjustable waist so I don't have to debate what should fit, length or waist.
All in all, our shopping trip to Target netted us a new outfit that we're both happy with, and that's a good haul in my mind.

RobynS
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

We've been fortunate to receive a lot of great hand-me-downs, especially for DD. Otherwise, I look for sales at the outlet mall (specifically The Children's Place) and we find bargains at garage sales.

My mom also picks up garage sale finds for my kids, and my MIL spoils them mostly with clearance items from Target and Kohl's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)