Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

Posted by   + Show Post

Finding fashionable clothes for your little one that are fun and affordable can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 150 CafeMom members to visit Target and shop for fashionable items for their little one. We then asked our CafeMoms to create a photo album showcasing their fashion savvy little ones. With Target you can expect more but will pay less!

Tell us about your family. How do you keep your kids fashionable without spending a fortune?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (91-100):
MissyB1011
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I can't get my photos to load, so I'll have to keep trying. I was blessed to be picked for the influencer. I have a DD who is 9 and a DS who is 3.

My DD is 9 and loves Hello Kitty. Target has a fantastic selection of Hello Kitty clothes and accessories. DD also loves the D.Signed collections. They are clothing lines inspired by Disney shows. They are very hip and cute.

My DS is 3. He likes the character clothes that Target offers. There's superheros, Lego guys, and all kinds of cute clothes. He's not too picky since he's so young. I like the jeans for him. They are pretty rugged and fit well.

Target always offers up to date styles that are age appropriate. It is one of the few stores where I can find longer length shorts and skirts for DD to wear to school. That has become quite a challenge.

Target also doesn't break my budget. They are very reasonable. I love to check out the sales and clearance items too.

TGOLD1
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I have a 10 yr.girl & a 6 yr.old boy. We already shop at Target & I was so thrilled to get picked to be a part of the influencer program. The reason I love Target is you can get really great Quality clothing for great prices. They  have all the latest fashions & keep up to date w/ all the trends. Thanks for having me:) These are the items I purchased w/ the gift card:

the3Rs
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

When I was a new mom I was obsessed with matching clothes for my baby and looking super cute.  As my family grew I was happy if they at least fit properly - who cares if they match!  Now...with 3 boys ages 13, 9 and 6 I'm just happy if the clothes are clean, LOL.

My boys aren't really into 'fashion' - they're not into the trendy styles.  They want to wear what makes them comfortable - which for them is either sweats or running pants (they call slippery pants) and T-shirts or sweatshirts. 

And you know what?  That's just FINE with me.  :) 

So...here's what we got from our Target Influencer...despite the passive looks on the older two kids' faces, they actually are happy, LOL.

6 year old boy ='Game On' sweatshirt with matching sweatpants

9 year old boy = Drummer sweatshirt with matching sweatpants

13 year old boy = solid long-sleeve T-shirt and sweatpants.

Thank you Target and Cafemom!!!

the3Rs
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:01 PM

As far not costing a fortune - we are lucky to have 3 boys...because each season the younger two go "shopping" in our basement...we have two very large storage bins filled without outgrown clothes - per kid - so about 6 huge bins total.  My oldest gets all new clothes...the younger ones get a combination of hand-me-downs from big bro and new clothes.  Once the youngest has grown out of his clothes, they head off to Goodwill (assuming they're still in good condition and not stained of course).

WYmomof4
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Well, I shop great places (like Target) and I always shop the sale rack first. If I can't find what I'm looking for then I will look at the full price items. I look for clothing that is cute and fashionable, does not a name brand plastered across the front, and good fabric that won't be scratchy and will wash and wear well. I pick out plenty of clothes for my children, and they usually like what I pick out but not always. We do a lot of shopping together. My kids, especially my girls love to shop. We do a lot of shopping online as there is not a lot of shopping near by.

WYmomof4
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Look at this great Christmas Outfit I found at Target! I love this place. No matter what ages my kids are they can always find something cute. I would have paid twice as much at a different store. Really great outfit.

babynurse454
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM
My 10 year old dd LOVES TARGET!! She is very very picky about clothes, I find shopping at Target fits are budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I was not part of the influencer but I love Target kids clothes. I have 5 kids that are 17, 14, 10, 8, and 4. From the beginning I have loved Target.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACSSUCKS
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I go to the Thrift shop and the kids consignment shop in my area. Theres a really great one in Nassau called Kids zone . Gap cardigans for $3 you cant beat it and many times the prices are less than the thrift stores. I also love the mega huge consignment sales . Consignment mommies on facebook lists them all and if you have not been to one.....all i can say is kid in a candy store. lol

candycrush
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM

LOL What a cutie pie.

Quoting CDMelty:

This is my 4yo DS, Tommy, in his new outfit from Target. I usually let him pick his own clothes (unless it's for a formal occasion where he needs to wear clothes he may not be partial to) and he was dead set on an Angry Birds shirt. I knew Target would have one because they have everything kids like. An associate helped us find one (She earned our respect by talking to my son rather than talking past him to me. This was his shirt so, for the moment, he was the customer in need of assistance.) and the smallest size they had was an XS in the big kid section. It's a bit baggy now, but he'll grow into it and he loves it. The jeans are a new Target buy, too. I like Target jeans because they don't wear out before they grow out, and they have the adjustable waist so I don't have to debate what should fit, length or waist.
All in all, our shopping trip to Target netted us a new outfit that we're both happy with, and that's a good haul in my mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN