Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Accessorize Your Way Through Fall

Posted by   + Show Post

Part of the fun of dressing for fall is the ability to accessorize with cute socks, gloves and hats. After all, the accessories that we choose can make our break our own outfits - and it's no different for our children. The addition of accessories can help your child fit in, help them stretch their wardrobe, and help bring last season's fashions forward into the current times. 

Here are some tried and true ways to help your child accessorize their wardrobe and feel confident about their choices!

• Socks - Socks are an inexpensive and fun way to jazz up an outfit. Buy your child socks that are striped, dotted or plaid - funky socks can be a slight yet delightful way to express your child's individuality.
  • Hats - From berets to baseball caps, beanies to stocking caps, there's a hat for every person and every occasion. Winter hats for this upcoming season are an especially sharp way to keep your child's ears and head warm. 
  • Gloves - Gloves are the bane of my winter existence. My kids lose one, keep track of the other, and even using the tried and true "idiot mitten" method often results in a mismatched glove scenario. One thing I've learned - if I'm sending my kids out into the wet weather, it's never a good idea to let them wear cheap, non waterproof gloves. The complaints of cold hands just aren't worth it.
  • Jewelry - What little girl doesn't love a necklace, bracelet or sassy pair of earrings? A long strand of fake pearls can dress up the most simple of dresses, and there are some cute fall themed necklaces that can be the talk of the town!
  • Jackets - Pea coats, trench coats or polar fleece jackets - the choice is yours. Offered in bright colors, plaids or dots, there's a coat for everyone that will provide the polish and finish that your child will need to complete their outfit.
  • Boots - My 10 year old daughter is such a nut for boots that I've finally had to cut her off. She's got booties, black high boots, brown high boots, cowboy boots, thigh high boots - the list goes on and on.

What are some ways that you help your child accessorize their outfits for fall?

ÂŠiStockphoto.com/MaszaS

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Threes.Company
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM

All of the above!! :)  I love accessories!  Especially fun hats and gloves!

gacgbaker
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

We don't usually worry too much about accessories- we make sure they have scarves, boots, mittens, hats and a warm coat.  

MamaMandee
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM

The kids love fun socks & new winter hats!

dusky_rose
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM

My son loves hats and gloves!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Bob192
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM

My kids like fancy belts.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM

All of these listed, plus long scarves are a hit right now.

Madelaine
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

hats and socks

Madelaine
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

anything inexpensive

aneela
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM

we enjoy fun hats and socks

MichelleK41
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM

We normally try to match their gloves, scarves and hat with the shoes/boots. She isn't much into jewelry right now but I'm sure only because she is still so young. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN