Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your children play with these dolls?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you let your sons or daughter play with these types of dolls? 

#barbie brands-barbie

Do you think these types of dolls are hurting our children's self image?

Bratz Dolls

Do you think the dolls geared towards our children are meant to lead them in the direction of a certain career path?

G.I. Joe Hall of Fame "Martial Arts Expert" (Toy)  http://convert.li/process.php?p=B000YORVV8  B000YORVV8

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
chattycassie
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I think its the big heads. They are creepy

Quoting Harris06:

I LOOOVE Barbie! So yes. I have no problems with GI Joe. So yes. I do NOT like Bratz. So no. And my reasoning is just because I don't like them. Not sure exactly what it is but I don't.

Harris06
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Yeah, maybe that's it. I don't know. They are creepy though! I don't have a problem with the clothes or the makeup, whatever. But something about them are creepy and I don't like them. Haha

Quoting chattycassie:

I think its the big heads. They are creepy

Quoting Harris06:

I LOOOVE Barbie! So yes. I have no problems with GI Joe. So yes. I do NOT like Bratz. So no. And my reasoning is just because I don't like them. Not sure exactly what it is but I don't.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM

if my son  wanted a GI Joe...but he isn't so much into these things...altho he does like cybermen and daleks  but what kid doesn't love cybermen and daleks LOL

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Barbie and GI Joe I have no problem. I think the Bratz dolls look trashy, like gang member girlfriends. I didn't buy them for her, and I'm glad I didn't. One of her friends, who had them, now dresses like a hooker, at age 13. And her mother can't figue out why she wants to dress that way.

somuchlove4U
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM
My daughter plays with Barbie but not Bratz.
alliesmom112
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

i do not allow Allie to play with those types of dolls right now. She has asked for Barbies but it is not something her dad and I feel like is appropiate for a 4 year old. 

Charizma77
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Maybe

LOswald0314
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I played with Barbie and GI joe growing up like most other kids and I think we're fine...
The bratz dolls however I don't like/get.
SailorMom82
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM
I don't feel like dolls hurt my self image, and I certainly wouldn't keep them from my kids. I think some dolls are made to generate questions about certain careers that kids would otherwise not ask until much later. I think that is healthy and helps in making a well rounded open minded person.
SailorMom82
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:18 AM
I will say that the Bratz dolls are weird and inprobably would not buy them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)