Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your children play with these dolls?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you let your sons or daughter play with these types of dolls? 

#barbie brands-barbie

Do you think these types of dolls are hurting our children's self image?

Bratz Dolls

Do you think the dolls geared towards our children are meant to lead them in the direction of a certain career path?

G.I. Joe Hall of Fame "Martial Arts Expert" (Toy)  http://convert.li/process.php?p=B000YORVV8  B000YORVV8

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:12 AM
My Dh HATES barbies- except the one that's tattooed (and a collectors item/ impossible to get). He says they teach girls to be spoiled sluts with eating disorders. O.o a little extreme I think.. haha

We have a son- no dolls yet. He's 11mo and has no interest in them atm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM

My daughter (now 10) has never been interested in those type of dolls--including Barbies!  She's always preferred baby dolls and has now branched out into American Girl dolls, too.

JoJoBean8
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Quoting VintageWife:

Barbie and GI Joe, yes. The ones in the middle, no.

VintageWife
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM
I like all Barbies including the tattoed. How would tattoos on a person change the slut status? Barbie is a slut until she gets tattoos? Nice to know in case I ever get called one. I'll just show them my tatt and tell them to take it back ;) LOL

Quoting xomrs.chase:

My Dh HATES barbies- except the one that's tattooed (and a collectors item/ impossible to get). He says they teach girls to be spoiled sluts with eating disorders. O.o a little extreme I think.. haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM
My sons have "action figures" and my five year old loves them! The others, they could care less lol

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

My kids have little interest in dolls right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Yeah, that kind of made me scratch my head! I was like, what? She has no genitals! How in the world is she a slut?

Quoting VintageWife:

I like all Barbies including the tattoed. How would tattoos on a person change the slut status? Barbie is a slut until she gets tattoos? Nice to know in case I ever get called one. I'll just show them my tatt and tell them to take it back ;) LOL

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:08 AM
Hahaha
No, it's more about the teaching of "don't judge tattooed people" like we're all criminals or misfits. Haha!
Dh and I both have a lot of tattoos.

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:10 AM
Haha that's men for you...
I think it's the way most of them dress

Quoting celestegood:

Yeah, that kind of made me scratch my head! I was like, what? She has no genitals! How in the world is she a slut?

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Bonita131
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Paranoid mama.  The dolls have been around for ages, some of them for generations. Don't sweat it, your kids  will grow out of wanting to play with them.

They - are- toys.

Melanie420
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Well my son is 1 but if he wanted a GI Joe then I wouldhnt have a problem. If I have a daughter I would let her play with the barbie and the bratz, my little sister always wanted me to play bratz with her when she was little, we had fun
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)