Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uniforms

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 20 Replies
Do your kids have to wear uniforms to school? Do you agree with the concept?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Harris06
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I am still kind of neutral on uniforms.
Zamaria
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM
They don't have them this year, but they did last year. I liked their uniforms. It was just a red, navy, royal blue, light blue or white polo and navy or khaki pants. Only problem I had with it was that they had a 5 pocket limit. I didn't like that because it's hard to find khaki pants that have 5 pockets or less unless you go with dress pants. I ended up just getting the cargo style pants and removing the extra pockets. That worked pretty well! And I also didn't like that they had to tuck their shirts in. I hate tucked in shirts unless it's a dress shirt and dress pants! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shopsha0911
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

No uniforms and I don't like them unless you are a private school, I feel it stifles your individuality. 

Emberbaby
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Yes, she attends private school.
Janet
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM

No they don't. I do agree with it. You don't have to worry about what you are going to wear to school and everyone has the same thing on.

proudmommy690
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM
They dont have to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Mine do not and Im not sure how I feel about them. I go back & forth on the issue. 

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

We don't have to at our public school but I know some that do.  I think it is a fine idea but don't really care either way. 

godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM
No and im glad they don't.
Leelee1008
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My oldest does now. he is in middle school and they were khakis(tan,blue or black) and solid color polo shirts. They can wear red,grey,white,blue,green, and yellow, its pretty loose. At first I hated the thought of it, I hated that it took away their individuality, but after they had a dress down day for picture day, I am all for it. I love the less stress of figuring out what heis going to wear and fighting over the clothes choices. Now I grab a pair of pants and a shirt and he puts it on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN