Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions for REALLY fantastic Christmas dresses for infants?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 19 Replies

Okay, tall order: I'm looking for a dress for my daughter who will be 3 months old at Christmas. I want it long sleeve, dressy (rather than casual), and with sort of a European or traditional feel to it. And I'm hoping to spend $40 or less. I've tried searching all over Google and the closest I've found is Hanna Andersson, but everything is too casual. Any favorite stores?

Thanks!

(As a side note to any kids clothing designers or buyers: why are 90% of Christmas dresses short sleeved? The cardigan is a hassle and usually just covers up the cute dress, and it's too cold for an infant to be bare-armed!)

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Sorry im not really sure. I shop at walmart for clothes lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Oh I hate that so many dresses are short sleeved. I don't mind the cardigan but please give us the option of sleeves, lol.

Good luck finding something.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Harris06
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I don't think I am that helpful. I shop at Kohl's for my Girls' holiday dresses. We are in FL so I don't mind the short sleeves but I have never had trouble finding long sleeves dresses.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I have alway gotten my DD's Christmas dresses at Kohls. The sleeveless dresses always bug me too. I live in PA and you can't go sleeveless here on Christmas.
Janet
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Try JC Penney. They usually have some pretty ones. Short sleeves has always been a problem!

smojet
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Thanks all! I'll check out your suggestions!

Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I've often wondered about the short sleeved dresses too! Gah. Amazon has a pretty good selection of dresses and they usually don't cost too much. 

4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Childrens Place has some great styles.  I haven't been in there lately so I'm not sure if it's the kind you're looking for. 

JoJoBean8
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM

There is a store in the mall that only sells dresses for baby/toddlers. Maybe your mall has something similiar. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)