Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 1: Take Inventory

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 83 Replies

We are starting this challenge by taking stock of what your kids have and what they need in their wardrobe! Today's challenge is to clean out your kids' closets! Help your kids go through their closet and get rid of what they don't need. Clear out the old unworn clothes to make room for new items.

busy mom

Do your kids have a lot of winter clothes from last year that still fits? When was the last time your kids' closets were clean out?

If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Due to space, I clean out teh cloests 3 to 4 times a year. 

My oldest two don't have seperate wardrobes, I just leave it all in year round. My younger ones seem to be a new size each season. 

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM
My DD's closet gets cleaned out each time the seasons change. No, she doesn't have anything from last winter that still fits except for gloves, scarves and hats.
Janet
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM

They don't have hardly anything that still fits. I cleaned it out when school started. It needs it again to take a few of the t-shirts out to make room for the warmer shirts.

Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I cleaan out my kids closets often. My daughter's was done recently when I put winter clothes in her closet. My son's probably needs a more thorough cleaning of his pants...they might be floods. LOL

cowboysgirl3227
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I have very limited space so I go through my daughter's closet a few times a year.  I weed out the stuff that doesn't fit or is super worn out and either Ebay it, donate it, or throw it out.  There is no one in our family to pass it on to since she is the only girl :)  She has some gloves and hats from last year that fit but nothing else.

godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I just cleaned out my kids closet for new stuff all the stuff they had can't fit anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

We clean out the closets twice a year.  After Christmas and right before school starts.  We don't switch out clothes throughout the year, because it is cold and wet where we live 75% of the time.   So, they either still need winter clothes or they layer a lot of what they have.

We keep whatever the kids have in there.  We do this little trick where we hang the hangars backwards.  So, after 6 months if there is a hangar is still backwards, we know they aren't wearing that particular piece of clothing and donate it, making room for anything new coming in.

goddess99
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I cleaned out my dd's closet just before school started then about a month ago I took out all summer and put in thicker long sleeve tops. Thankfully some still fit from last year. I love that, saves lots of money.

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My kids are pretty slow growers so we often carry clothes for a few seasons.

We did clean out their closests about a month ago to see what we needed.

Yesterday purchased new boots for my daughter and one of my sons.  The youngest son can wear the boots his brother wore last year.  However, somehow we did misplace the coat my younger son should have grown into this year, so we purchased him a new coat.

proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Today at 3:26 PM
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I cleaned their clothes out a few weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)