Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will you allow your daughter to wear make up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there an age when you will allow it or will it be more about their attitude and how mature they are?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
goddess99
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Maybe when she's 13 she could wear a pale pink eyeshadow or something subtle if she wanted.

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My daughter is 12 and I have told her she is allowed to wear make-up at any time as long as she does it appropriately and without a heavy hand.  However, since she has frequently performed on stage as a dancer, she really doesn't care to wear it and only does it when it is needed.

wakymom
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I've already let dd wear some clear lipgloss on special occasions (church on Christmas/Easter), and nail polish sometimes. Anything more than that will have to wait until she's about 12.

Shopsha0911
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

My daughter was allowed to wear make-up to school in mkiddle school and now has stopped all together in high school. It just takes too much time. 

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Probably around age 13 or so.

msmom29
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

highschool, unless she has bad acne, earlier, and then i would get her oil free fondation, there was a girl in my class at it bad and didnt use fondation and got picked on a lot, use to tick me off when people would pick on her.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM

She's 12, in 7th grade, and we've let her wear makeup when she's been in weddings, and she sometimes wears lipgloss and a little mascara to school. She has friends that wear more, but she says she likes "the natural look". Really I think she believes it's too much trouble. lol

alliesmom112
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

It will depend on her attitude and maturity level. And why she wants to wear makeup. Whether it is for her or because her friends are wearing it or if she wants to impress a boy.... All of these things will play into our decision

Charizma77
by Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure yet, she's 6 so I still have a while to decide

LOswald0314
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM
A little bit around 13, then 16. I had bad skin as a teen so I wore foundation and concealer at 14... So I guess what exactly she can wear will depend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN