Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will you allow your daughter to wear make up?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there an age when you will allow it or will it be more about their attitude and how mature they are?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
LOswald0314
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM
This too! Especially about attitude.

Quoting alliesmom112:

It will depend on her attitude and maturity level. And why she wants to wear makeup. Whether it is for her or because her friends are wearing it or if she wants to impress a boy.... All of these things will play into our decision

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I don't wear make up and i hope my girls don't. I've notice when a person wears make-up they always have to put that face back on to look pretty. I want my girls to be naturally pretty.
So about the age i hope its never lol.
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Right now she has a play makeup set she plays with..but maybe around 6th grade she can use eye liner if she wishes. That's what I started with.
workoutmom2b1g
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Once she starts High School and only stuff I approve. We will have a tutorial. No cake make up. No lines etc...

Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I'm not sure yet. I think it will depend on maturity and attitude. I would encourage some concealer if they have bad break outs at any age.

4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

In 7th grade I let my daughters start wearing a little make up.  

MommeisQueen
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

not sure...hopefully they won't want any until promteen girl 

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I have one daughter and she's 10.  I don't have a particular age in mind, but when she does start wearing it I will be sure to take her to a department store and have them show her how to wear it appropriately.  My dad never allowed me to wear makeup and I think that was a bad choice on his part!  :)

JoJoBean8
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

High school unless she is a dancer or in theater then she will be allowed to wear it for productions. 

chattycassie
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I allowed my oldest daughter to wear make up when she went to middle school. She was mature for her age already shaving and having her period. My middle daughter will be in middle school next year I don't think she is ready for make up yet. It will be a battle since she knows when her sister was allowed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN