Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (61-70):
Larisa72
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Biggest time to shop for me is the day after Christmas, however, I always try to hit the end of season sales as well.  My kids are 9 and 12 and therefore still having irregular growth spurts, so they may completely skip a size...but when things are bought on clearance, it doesn't hurt so much when they don't get worn...instead, I pass them to friends with children that can wear the clothing.  Typically the last week of July is a big time for us as well because we re-check all the cold-weather clothing to see what needs to be replaced and I try to stick with the minimum...a few years ago, due to over zealous grandparents, my daughter had 12 pairs of pants and shirts to go with every pair.  This year she probably has 7 or 8 pairs, but 2 shirts to go with each pair (she tends to get the shirts dirty before the pants)

Mamaroo
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I usually shop in small trips here and there. Most of the time I will only buy something if I can buy a complete outfit or know for sure I have a top/bottoms that will match it. Once in awhile I will see an item that I just have to have that I don't have nothing to go with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mireya926
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Small trips as it it easier and as he needs.

STKsMomma
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM
We do one big and then smaller ones as needed.
flowerfunleah
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Brands like Carters and Garanimals are great for mixing and matching!

eliptica24
Today at 1:56 PM
Reader's Delight! Group - CafeMom

This group is dedicated to the avid readers among us! We will have reading challenges, reviews, reading discussions, and a creative writing area!

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

we usually go afew times a year outside of holidays. usually piecesat a time

larschick
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I usually only do a few small trips be uses we have lots of hand me downs. I did have to purchase some new long sleeve shirts & some jeans. BUT I usually purchase separates & pair tshirts with jeans - that's the food thing about having a boy, lol
Harris06
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I really just do smaller trips. Not to save money or anything but more because I find things all throughout the year as opposed to just once a year. I try to buy full outfits unless it is something like she has enough shirts but needs pants or vise versa.

lillucky8
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Before i go shopping i make a list of what they need to match what we already have, dd gets alot of seperates for handmedowns so i pick up a few things to make outfits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellamomof1978
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

A few smail trip but I buy anything on sales and try to find thing that can go with everything they have 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN