Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 70 Replies

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dommad2
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I mostly do smaller trips. I like to buy complete outfits but sometimes just one piece catches her eye.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I do big trips a few times a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Smaller trips, buy what's needed! And I buy both, outfits and mix and match. 

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Smaller trips..less stressful and works the best for us.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

We go in smaller trips as things are needed.  We buy whatever we need at the time.

othermom
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM

We buy several times a year. Usually I pick up basic jeans and t-shirts and things when the clothes go on clearance when the seasons change.  Then if the kids need somethine more or we see something they like I pick it up later.

xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Smaller trips for us. Most of his clothes are versitile
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM
smaller trips, frequently and I buy whats needed. if it is a better store (PS by Aero, Gymboree, etc) I will try to buy up a size as the material will usually withstand an extra year of washings.
goddess99
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM

As my dd has gotten older I have just started buying blue jeans, denim skirts and khaki pants, that way all the tops she wants will match all the bottoms no matter the color. We usually go out of town on 1 huge shopping trip over summer vacation and I buy as much as I can. Then I will just order/buy things as needed.

Rogue35
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I do a big shopping trip for back to school. I also buy things here and there too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)