Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I buy as the seasons change. I buy when something catches my eye. So it seems like I'm always buying something or another.

EbonySnow
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

my DD is 3 and right now I let her wear what she want, weather appropriate of course, because it encourages her to dress herself. As such I don't worry about matching too much. I typically just shop as needed.

SquishyDD
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I go on big trips a few times a year and buy throughout the year to fill in the gaps.  I try to buy mix and match items so they can put together their own looks. all four kids seem to ahve a different style and require different accesories to their clothing!  Sometimes hand me downs help sometimes the kids look at them like I gave them a bomb. Also it depends on if the child has hit a growth spurt all of a sudden and they require everything new! Thrift stores and cupons and sales help out a lot! But shopping for my children is a never ending story!

aneela
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM

i try to get several pieces in one trip...and only if he outgrows something and I don't have a back up piece will I then have to go get it...but that is RARE for me to not be prepared...i even try to have one pair of shoes one size up...

GotSomeKids
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I do a big shopping at the begining of the school year/end of summer.  Then during the rest of the year its small trips for socks, undergarments, maybe workout clothes,  and shoes.

As for the mixing and matching.....my daughter has an extreme knack for putting it together well.  I'm sure she does get a few odd ball looks at school, but personally I think she is channeling Mondo from Project Runway.

Regardless, we do try and plan when she shop for clothes.  I/she doesn't just pick pants, shirts and shoes.  We think, does this entire outfit go together?  Its just that she tends to put stripes and plaids together, but manages to pull it off. 

jessicasmom1
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM

smaller trips only what is needed I buy for then . We have limited space to store things

Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I buy a big haul of clothes in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. I buy little things in the winter if needed. I usually buy things that match right away and  complete outfits. A  little mis matching is okay-those  go to outdoor play clothes then.

MZ.B777
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM

It just depends most of the time I do the whole outfit but, a lot of times I catch things on clearence or marked way down because it is out of season and I pick it up for the next year!!!!

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I do small trips here&there they always have deals all year around! Big trips for summer&school clothes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I do both to be honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)