Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Threes.Company
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I do big trips a few times a year.  I only buy small amounts on occasion when specific items are needed.

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I almost always buy as needed, but I also keep in mind what they have when making any purchases.  

Typically, I don't buy outfits, I buy pieces.

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We get most of our clothes as hand me downs from my sister so the only time we really buy clothes is for back to school shopping.  I let them pick out three pairs of jeans or pants and 4 shirts and basically they can all be mixed or matched pretty easy because with little boys it all matches, lol.  Then I will usually buy them one outfit at Christmas. 

reesesami
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM
We do small trips pretty frequently and buy what's needed. Sometimes we buy whole outfits and sometimes just pieces. Usually if it is a whole outfit the pieces can still be split up to match with other things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM

We get stuff on clearence so we buy a little at a time. 

chattycassie
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I usually shop in big trips 2 times a year (school and Christmas) but shop between to fill in whats missing sox shoes and clothes when they grow like weeds.

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I have been buying most of my boys clothes at garage sales.  That may be ending now that my older son is almost 6, so he's getting to the age where you can't find as many clothes at garage sales because boys tend to wear them out.  My 4 yo son is very picky about what he'll wear, too, so that makes it harder to find things at garage sales.

This may be easier with boys, but I mostly buy pants that can be worn with many things.  Solid color pants go with a lot.  The only thing I've regretted lately was when I got him a pair of red pants - those clashed with more shirts than they worked with, it seemed, so those were the only pants I'd find myself telling him he couldn't wear.

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I buy things as needed or when I find good deals on clearance.

Bob192
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I do smaller trips and usually buy pieces one at a time.

Neka200
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I usually do smaller trips and buy things that they can get a lot of use out of...mostly jeans and solid color things. Plus my kids don't like the complete outfits be ause they say that's what teachers and old ladies wear, lol.wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)