Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Usually big trips a couple of times a year. 

JonesMama
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I buy a lot for Back to School and buy things here and there all year.

steph21078
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

small trips when they need it. 

mysons_r_mylife
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I buy big for Christmas and birthdays ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllThatBabyJazz
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I do smaller trips because I am a frugal clearance shopper. 

Lilindian
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I usually go and do 1 big shopping trip for all the boys each season and I try to go about a month before the season changes. When I am out shopping I always buy a complete outfit and try to but mix and match outfits that they can really have 2 outfits in 1 if you think about it. Some times when the season changes they can either still fit a shirt or a pair of bottoms so which ever one it is I will make a list of what it needs to be a complete outfit and go buy that. 

batjmom
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:30 AM
We take several small trips throughout the year. For my younger son I try to pick things he can mix and match easily
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:46 AM

we usually do smaller trips. maybe as he gets older we will do larger trips.

TheDavisGirlsx3
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:22 AM

At the beginning of each season I tend to do a somewhat large shopping trip for the things that they need but then I do a lot of little trips throughout the year.  Whenever I am in a store and see something that they would like or that they need, I will buy it then. 

My girls like to wear just plain jeans and pants (lucky me) so then I just have to buy some of the cute shirts that can be mixed and matched.  My girls are pretty easy to shop for and they don't make things difficult.

JoJoBean8
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I usually go through their clothes and shop for each season. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)