Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 2: Maximize Outfits!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have a lot clothes, but not a lot that really goes together? Today's challenge is to have a strategy on your next shopping trip! A game plan when you shop will help you make the most of your kids' wardrobes.

• Buy clothes that can be mixed and matched to create new multiple outfits.
  • When you're shopping try to focus on buying what's missing from their wardrobe.

credit card

Do you usually go shopping for your kids in big trips a few times a year or smaller trips as things are needed? Do buy things one piece at a time or do you buy complete outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Replies (51-60):
MechieAmir1
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I work in a clothing store so i grab thins as i see them and match them up later. I have boys so i tend to buy alot os shirt and just change the pants up a lil to make new outfits.

kmrtigger
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

We shop as needed.We buy multiple things.  And we stick to mostly jeans because almost any shirt go with them.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I do smaller trips when needed. Usually piece by piece

wakymom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I seem to end up doing one slightly bigger trip, w/ some smaller trips after that.

jhelmke
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I do it per outfit.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I usually do small trips for right now. as of right now she only wears jeans so those goes with anything really.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I do replace clothing at back to school time, and throughout the year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bosmum
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Small trips mostly

Shopsha0911
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I shop in several large trips throughout the year and do buy items that fit with what is already in the closet. We add essentials like plain t-shirts and then funky accessories and cardigans to help polish a look. 

NyiaBaby216
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM

We do smaller trips as things are needed, because if we dont, a big bunch of clothes will all get small at the same time. We sometimes buy complete outfits, but we mostly buy things that can go with other stuff. Creates more outfits that way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN