Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday

Posted by   + Show Post

Will you be shopping Black Friday? If so, where will you be shopping it?

What about Small Business Saturday? 

Or Cyber Monday? Will you be shopping that?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
Harris06
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun! 

Quoting JoJoBean8:

NO to many crazies. We have a different black Friday tradition we go to a place called Christmas Village with the kids.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

coolmommy2x
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I love Black Friday, always have.

Not sure about Saturday but I do shop at small businesses a lot during the year, especially crafters.

Last year I bought myself a camera on Cyber Monday. The sales weren't great but I did like free shipping as I hate paying shipping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

We might shop on black friday, but not really for "black friday" if that makes sense lol.

Never heard of the saturday one.

Doubt i'll do cyber monday

4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I don't shop on Black Friday (I hate crowds). I try to support the small businesses all year long so I won't be specifically shopping with them on that Saturday. I've already bought a lot of Christmas presents from local businesses and independent consultants in my area.
celestegood
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Online all the way here!

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I'll be shopping online on BF.  I may go to some stores later in the day after the crowds die down.  I'll probably be shopping at Target, Kohls, Toys R Us, Amazon, Five Below, Game Stop, etc.

Ive never heard of small business Saturday.

I'm not sure about Cyber Monday.  The past 2 years there weren't any good deals.  It's mostly just a lot of free shipping offers.  I do my cyber shopping on thanksgiving and BF.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I hate crowds too, and I too support local businesses year round! I do go and shop online for black friday, but I haven't seen too many good deals anyway in the last few years.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I don't shop on Black Friday (I hate crowds). I try to support the small businesses all year long so I won't be specifically shopping with them on that Saturday. I've already bought a lot of Christmas presents from local businesses and independent consultants in my area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Last year I shopped online on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.  I found some ok deals and most were offering free shipping. 

Quoting celestegood:

I hate crowds too, and I too support local businesses year round! I do go and shop online for black friday, but I haven't seen too many good deals anyway in the last few years.

Quoting 4kidz916:

TishAw
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I will be. I love all the sales.

wakymom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I've both worked and shopped Black Fri once- never again. I really try to avoid actually shopping on that weekend, although part of our Thanksgiving tradition includes walking around the downtown mall Fri evening after the Circle of Lights. I don't shop online- I don't care how good a site's security is, I'm just a little too paranoid (we had our c.c. # stolen when ds1 was newborn, so I'm extra-wary about that).

Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We will hit Walmart on Thanksgiving night. We have done it for the last few years. That's where I stock up on pj's for the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN