Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 3: Add Layers for Warmth and Style

Posted by   + Show Post

When the seasons transition sometimes it's tough to know what clothes to put on your kids. Dressing for a cold bus stop is a lot different than dressing for a heated classroom. Today's challenge is to incorporate layers into your kids' wardrobe! Layers are a practical way to add a little extra flare to your kids' outfits.

• An under shirt adds not only warmth but style! You can choose items such as tee shirts, camisoles, and thermals. Boys can add an undershirt to a button down shirt and both boys and girls can use them as a layer under sweaters.
  • Mix different colors and fabrics! Make the colors pop by mixing in light and dark colors or solids and patterned items.
  • Scarfs are an easy way for girls of all ages to add an extra layer for style.  A scarf can be used to dress up or dress down an outfit.
  • For babies, using a solid onsies under a printed shirt or dress adds a little extra style to an outfit.

simple smile

Do your kids wear layers? Do they typically where layers more for warmth or style? What layering tips would you add?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Replies (61-67):
JoJoBean8
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I love layers.

flowerfunleah
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Absolutely! Adding a long sleeved shirt over a tank top or leggings to skirts and dresses extends the life of my daughters clothes!

eliptica24
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

he wears layers during winter for keeping warm. style is not something we care about. i think style should always come second

larschick
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I will sometimes put ds on a long sleeve shirt under a tshirt or jersey for warmth. It adds a little edge to the clothes too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I do layer my girls (and myself, to be honest). Sometimes it is for warmth and others it is for style. It all just depends. 

lillucky8
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Ds is a hot baby so layers are a nogo for him, but dd is always chilly so we use her summery tshirts under her longsleeve shirts or sweaters, she also has alot of zip up sweaters and sweatshirts to put on top :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellamomof1978
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM

yes all the time 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN