Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 4: Holiday Prep

Posted by   + Show Post

The holidays are right around the corner so it's the perfect time to think about what your kids will wear for holiday functions. Today's challenge is to plan your kids' holiday outfits!

busy mom

Do you already know what your kids are wearing for the holidays or do you still have to shop? Do your kids get dressed up for the holidays or keep it casual? If you know what they are wearing, tell us about their outfits?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I have dresses from last year and hand me downs that will work for Christmas this year.

reesesami
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM
We keep it pretty casual on the actual holidays so that everyone is comfortable, but we do get dressed up to go see the play How the Grinch Stole Christmas every year. My daughter has a light blue and white sparkly dress she will be wearing with black or white tights and some silver "heels" that she loves. She looks like a little winter princess and I always make her hair look weird and Who-like. On Thanksgiving and Christmas she'll wear a casual but holiday appropriate outfit and I'll do something fabulous to her hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I need to go shopping to see what's available for boys this year!  I love getting them a nice Christmas sweater but they won't always wear that.

SquishyDD
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Thanksgiving we dress semicasual for thanksgiving and Christmas eve.  Christmas day we stay in our  Christmas pjs all day long!

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I usually get my dd a pretty dress to wear.  I've looked around a little bit, but I haven't found th right dress yet.

Janet
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Casual

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

we don't do anything special for Thanksgiving, never have.

As far as Christmas this year I got my niece a jumper at The Children's Place for $11, and then matching ties for the 3 youngest boys (ages 13, 10 and 5) for $14 (total). I need to find white button down shirts at the thrift store for my 17 and 13 yr olds, and a Christmas tie for the 17 yr old. 

As a rule I don't even do that... lol It is just this year we will have her home for Christmas Eve (which we haven't had since 2009, it has landed on Mommy days).

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

They are already planned :)

aneela
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

i have a nice shirt and vest already picked out for him at home :)

eevers55
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM

We are in the process of deciding. Every time I go to the mall or Target for something else, I browse the kids section for sales and clearance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN