Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 5: Create a Color Palette

Posted by   + Show Post

A great way to maximize your kids' wardrobe potential is to buy clothes that fit into a similar color palette. By doing this you will increase their number of options without busting your budget! Today's challenge is to create a color palette!

simple smile

Do you usually buy similar colored clothes for your kids or do you like to mix it up? Is there a color you think looks best on your kids? What are your kids' favorite colors? 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
Hottmomma607
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I mix it up!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Dd loves pink and purple- pretty easy to match/blend w/ that. She has yet to develop a fine sense of what other colors go well and will come up w/ some outfits that totally clash. . . Since she's only 6 1/2, I let her get away w/ it most of the time.

The boys tend to stick w/ blue jeans for pants (mostly- ds2 has ended up w/ a lot of camo this season), and anything goes w/ those, and the khakis they have for church/nice occasions.

proudmommy690
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I get whatever we like...it varies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Ds tends to have a lot of clothing that is navy, black, gray, red, green...nothing too crazy. It gets kind of boring, but it's nice when he grabs a shirt and pants and 95% of the time they match no matter what he picks.

mysons_r_mylife
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I have a mix of colors
bosmum
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM

There are colors they look bettter in but i tend to mix them up;.

Shopsha0911
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM

This is a great idea I wish I would have thought along those lines when my kids were young. 

SaraNicole1019
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I try to get her a variety of colors for her. But for the most part she wears pink and purple. She doesn't have much hair so everyone thinks she's a boy. It's really annoying.
countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM

They have a variety of colors in their wardrobe but they are all mostly dark colors because with three boys that helps with stains!

Lilindian
by New Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I usually buy similar colored clothes for my son. I like mix it up sometimes that way he has a change of color,but for the most part stick to the same color. I love the way he looks in blue and white. His favorite color is blue and when we go shopping together for clothes for him he will pick everything blue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN