Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 5: Create a Color Palette

Posted by   + Show Post

A great way to maximize your kids' wardrobe potential is to buy clothes that fit into a similar color palette. By doing this you will increase their number of options without busting your budget! Today's challenge is to create a color palette!

simple smile

Do you usually buy similar colored clothes for your kids or do you like to mix it up? Is there a color you think looks best on your kids? What are your kids' favorite colors? 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
NyiaBaby216
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I try to vary the colors they have, but they do have similar colored clothing so it can match. DD looks great in red and in white, and DS looks best in yellow or blue. DD's fave color is purple and DS's fave is blue

Larisa72
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM

My daughter is 9 and in third grade....her favorite colors since preschool have been pink and purple.  We've added in turquoise as well....everything she has can pretty much go with everything else - except for some dresses that we were given by a friend when her daughter outgrew them....this makes total sense to me.  My son...he's jeans and t-shirts, doesn't really matter more than that (and he's 12.5)

Mamaroo
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I usually have a kinda color pallet.
My girls
1) mostly purples and pinks
2) mostly purples and teals

My boy always wears blue jeans so I just buy him tshirts he likes figure any tshirts go with jeans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mireya926
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I mix it up. He really like all tones of blue. And he weras it well I try to stay away from white. Cause he is a boy and it get dirty faster.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM

She likes a lot of color, and color blocking. I make sure that she has some neutrals so that she has a lot of different choices for changing outfits.

MooNFaeRie30
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:20 AM

they have a lot of different colored shirts, but their bottoms re mostly black or denim so they go with almost asnything. my older dd like "{fuschia"{ and my younger dd likes pink andpurple

batjmom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:27 AM
We do that because my 10 yr old just picks clothes out quickly so I try to make it easy for him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

we try to mix up colors.... doesnt' always work, but we try.... lol 

cowboysgirl3227
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM

We try to incorporate many colors in my daughter's clothes.  She loves shades of blue and purple mixed with black.  We try to not buy too much of her favorite colors.  She is so lucky with her coloring she looks good in just about every color except ivories and creams, but even those look pretty good.

jeenw1019
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I try to mix the colors up but having two girls close in age I try to match the colors they are wearing to each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)