Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
  • 64 Replies

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM
In nh. Already got it lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I just bought one new winter coat. The other one still fits my DGS. So yes I will reuse winter coats.

Janet
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I forgot I bought them two new hats a piece and some cheap gloves. I still have to buy winter gloves that are waterproof for when the snow flies.

batjmom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM

We have went through all the winter clothes.  Kids are good with coats but we need a few more gloves.   I like to keep extras in the car.  Seems like one of them forgets something on the way to school

steph21078
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:57 AM

with 4 boys, we usually buy new for the oldest, the others hand theirs down if they are still in good condition

MZ.B777
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:57 AM

were ready coats, boots, hats, gloves and scarves.

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Between stuff from last year & from garage sales, we are set! I was quite happy to realize that the morning it had snowed in October.

aneela
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 AM

already got new gloves and lighter coats and will reuse the snow suit and boots

IncognitoOne
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I reuse as much as I can. Colton had a Carhartt coat passed down to him last year, so I've passed it down to Keaton. And right before I went shopping for a coat for Colton, he got another handed down to him that is exactly the same as the one he had last year, in a bigger size, lol.

SCORE! I do need to get new toboggans and gloves....those things get lost TOO easy. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:30 AM

We went shopping this past week. It's gotten cooler, so it was time. We live in Florida, so winter clothes for us is long sleeves and long pants and sweters and a light jacket . She can still wear shorts and tank tops some days, so we bought some layering long sleeve tops to go over them. She's grown so much this year that she can't wear anything from last year, but sometimes she can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN