Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
othermom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I reuse what I can, pass stuff down , and often buy second hand. They have thier coats, gloves, snow pants and boots for this year. My youngest has coats for the next 4 years thank to had me downs from my older daugher

othermom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I did have to buy more of the knit gloves which are what we use most often, the kids misplace them a lot

Bob192
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM

We are using last years and buying new things.

Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM

We've tried it  all on.

Kids got new boots. My son got a new jacket. My daughter got a jacket  from our neighbor that didn't fit her anymore and her other jackets actually still fit it, I just need to  sew the one.

eevers55
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Underneath clothes (shirts, pants, sweaters, etc) we get used. A new coat and boots are new, only because we live in WI. If we lived in like, CA, then I wouldn't be so concerned about DD having a really good coat

Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

we try to buy coats, and snow pants big one year so we can get two years out of them...... if we buy new.

I have been fortunate with my niece to find really nice winter coats at garage sales over the years. Her coat this year is a nice ski parka that I got for $1, her coat for next year is a good Columbia that I bought off a friend 2 yrs ago for $8. 

For my boys we've been able to pass down. Although my oldest does now have a Columbia and a pea coat. 

I don't buy hats. gloves etc each year but as they need to be replaced. I have a tote in my basement that I store them in. So my oldest two are good this year and my GF is making new hats, scarves, mittens for the 3 little ones.

cowboysgirl3227
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I usually have to buy her a new coat for school but she can usually still use the previous one for play.  She has gloves from last year that still fit.  She needs snow boots though.  I like to reuse stuff as much as possible.

Hottmomma607
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM
A little bit of both!! New&used what they have already!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM

if they still fit wear them , boots, hats , gloves, scarf, jacket

dommad2
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I already bought everything. I pick up the next set at the end of the season when things are on sale. I pick up two sizes to big so it fits for 2 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)