Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mireya926
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM
It has been really rough on us money wise so my DS will be wearing last years winter clothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheDavisGirlsx3
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I did buy my girls new winter coats but I have not bought the rest of the winter gear yet.  I generally tend to buy boots and snowpants and that kind of stuff until I hear it's going to snow or something b/c everytime I buy it early in the season, it never ends up snowing and buy the time they can wear it, my girls have outgrown them.  I am one of those last minute shoppers, when I hear it's gonna get really cold or snow, I run to the store.  =P

PEEK05
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM

They don't really need anything special for winter.

EbonySnow
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I'm poor I try to reuse for as long as it fits. I do need to try stuff on and see what still does.

chattycassie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM

We live in southern AZ so not much witer gear is needed. We reuse sweaters if they still fit and have a TON of hoodies and pull overs. :)

godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM
We have all of their winter stuff already although if i see something that is cute i will buy it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaskedMomma
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM

the only winter gear we've bought is a few more long sleave shirts on clerance. we re-use things from previous years. their coats were bought last year a size to big. they fit fine this year, maybe still a little big. we keep things from previous years for the other kiddos too. like  next year or the year after the 3yr olds will be in their 6yr old sisters coats, and soon as the baby hits 2t she's set. she has like 2 or 3 bags of clothes waiting for her already lol.and 4 older half sisters, 3 of whom live with us. 

we basicly go clothes shopping and clean them out. oh your having a yard sale with your girls clothes? its cute? we'll take it. if it doesn't fit someone now it will,but chances are it's gonna fit someone lol.

Same for thrift shops. it's like who needs what...ok we'll focus on that. but otherwise it's oh this is cute and so is that. someone will wear it :)

SaraNicole1019
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Oh yeah it's already way cold here. I had to buy it a month ago. Haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I bought my dd a coat so far.  I always have to buy new every season.  My dd always grows too much.

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM

We reuse what we can and buy brand new what we need

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN