Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
SquishyDD
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM

We reuse some things and pass down others that are still in good condition.  I go through our Winter gear inventory and then make a list of what we need.  Sweaters, coats, cloves, hats and scarfs.  Since we live in The Greater Seattle/Tacoma area here in Washington State we do not get to much winter weather but it does come and when it does we like to be prepared.

GotSomeKids
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I usually buy their winter gear in the summer.  It's usually on sale then.  I try and reuse, unless the kids grow out of them.  Usually (not always), I can get two years out of their jackets, unless they go through a huge growth spurt.  If they grow out of them, I will either donate them to the school or Goodwill.

proudmommy690
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
We dont need snow suits in georgia. They all have jackets for cold days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM
We dont need snow suits in georgia. They all have jackets for cold days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:00 PM
We try to use from the year before but that didnt happen this year...my older one needed a new jacket none from last year fit. My middle needed one cause her sisters are still a little big and of course the baby isnt big enough for the 24 month jackets lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reesesami
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
If everything sill fits, she reuses them but then again, we don't really have "winter gear." We live in California so she mostly just wears pants, long sleeve shirts, and a hoodie. We don't have a real need for big jackets. She does have snow clothes for when we go to the snow and she gets new clothes when she can't fit in them anymore. I usually buy her a new pair of gloves every year because they get ratty looking. She ice skates a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JonesMama
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM

We buy new stuff for ds in Sept. or Oct.

I will reuse his stuff from the previous year if it still fits and is in good condition. This year, his Lands End boots still fit as well as his Childrens Place 3 in 1 jacket and his snowpants. He still had several pairs of mittens and gloves to use this year, too. So all I bought was a puffy coat on sale at Crazy8 and I want to get him a couple new hats.

countrygirlkat
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM

We have already had their winter things out for awhile now because we have gotten snow a few times already here.  We try to reuse what we can from past years but sometimes have to buy a few items.  This year we had to buy new snow pants for my oldest, a new coat for my middle son and new snow boots for my youngest. 

NyiaBaby216
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

We've done some of their winter shopping...They've gotten coats and hats. They need gloves and scarves. If they can fit last years stuff, they use it. If not, they get new stuff. Not much of a choice.

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Fortunately all I needed to get this winter was new mittens, their jackets and snowpants from last year and their boots still fit from last year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN