Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mrs.Andrews
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Already did it these last few weeks. I've got 2 sets of hats and gloves for everyone. And coats for everyone.

jeenw1019
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I try to reuse from the year before.  The baby is going to wear older sisters old winter stuff and older sister can still wear last years stuff.

MooNFaeRie30
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

i reuse as much as possible. both my girls winter coats from last ear fit so we lucked iout there!

Rogue35
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I have been getting them stuff here and there.
Lilindian
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

We try to reuse things from the year before,I usually have to buy new gloves,hats and scaves. But I buy them a new jacket every year,but try to reuse the heavy coats. I'm shocked that my 5yr old still fits his coat from last year. He has grown so mucg in the past few months,I always buy their coats a size or 2 bigger that way they have room for their clothes and they can reuse it the next year.

missladyvixen1
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I have gotten everything I need since last year, mostly everything I got was on clearence. I even got her a coat for $1

Larisa72
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

They already have their winter coats and snow pants and boots.  I got the coats a little while ago - both on sale, and they are the kind that have multiple parts so that they can wear a windbreaker, a heavy coat, or wear them together....son hasn't outgrown his snowpants, but DD needed new ones.....both of them needed new boots and I found them on sale as well....this time, though, I made sure to purchase the coats a size larger than what they needed so they can at least wear them for 2 years

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I just went today actually.

BabyTeki
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I got DD her stuff from clearance last year. DS I'll have to buy new. If they could where the same sizes, is use the same clothes. I'm going to buy DS a little bug so he'll hopefully get 2 winters out if them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I do reuse them.

Quoting Janet:

I just bought one new winter coat. The other one still fits my DGS. So yes I will reuse winter coats.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN