Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 6: Winter Gear!

Posted by   + Show Post

Since the weather is getting colder day by day, it's the perfect time to have your kids try on last year's winter gear like heavy coats, snowsuits, hats, and gloves to see what still fits. Today's challenge is to prepare for the winter months!

skiing

Have you been shopping for your kids' winter gear yet? Do you like to buy brand new things every year or do you try and reuse things from previous years?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (51-60):
celestegood
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I replace them as needed.

Quoting BabyTeki:

I got DD her stuff from clearance last year. DS I'll have to buy new. If they could where the same sizes, is use the same clothes. I'm going to buy DS a little bug so he'll hopefully get 2 winters out if them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
STKsMomma
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Only have to get hats and gloves!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysons_r_mylife
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
We've done some shopping for winter ;)
Mamaroo
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I have bought what I need.   I try to reuse what I can.  They always get a brand new coat.  

jbyrd898
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM

No,  I have not shopped for a lot of winter gear yet.

kmrtigger
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I bought hats and gloves on clearance last year and put those up for this year. And we just updated their winter jackets for school. Old jackets still fit, but they can use those to play outside without me worrying about the conditions of them.

I would rather reuse if at all possible. I like trying to be as green as possible.

JoJoBean8
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Just need new snow pants and boots and we are set

flowerfunleah
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

It's been pretty warm here actually! So we haven't really gotten a chance to break out the heavy coats or snowboots yet!

eliptica24
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

we reuse as much as possible.

larschick
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I bought boots at the end of the season last year on clearance & will use the overall pants from last year. I also bought a coat for him on clearance so we are good on snow clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)