Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing Your Kids Challenge Day 7: Mix and Match

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 63 Replies

Since fashion trends come and go investing a lot of money in them doesn't always make sense. Today's challenge is to mix and match basic items with a couple key fashionable pieces.

By combining everyday basics with a few trendy items, your kids can be in the latest fashion without costing a lot of money.  Your kids can still look "cool" and you don't have to bust your budget!

busy mom

Do your kids care about fashion trends or what other kids are wearing?  Are there certain items in your kids' wardrobe that you don't mind spending extra money on?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Clothing Your Kids Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

My kids don't really have any care for fashion just yet.

Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM

We are selctive about where we spend money...solidly made pants, good shoes and coats.  There are other things we are more flexible with like a trendy shirt or funny/funky socks.

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My dd doesn't really care much.  She does like to wear Skechers Twinkle Toes though...

TheDavisGirlsx3
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

My 9 year old is just starting to care about fashion.  She is kind of a "tom boy" so she hasn't really cared.  Now that she is getting older and seeing what the other girls are wearing and wanting to fit in with them, she is starting to want to go shopping more and more.  She likes to find things that she can mix and match (which I love b/c it makes things easier on me) and she doesn't really care if they are "cheaper" clothes as long as they are similiar to what everyone else is wearing.  There are a few items that she sees at Justice and places like that that she just has to have so every once in a while I don't mind splurging and spending extra money on certain items that she wants since it's not very often.

My younger daughter (5 years old) is my girly girl and loves to dress up and wear the cute little outfits.  She also doesn't care about the expensive items as long as they are cute and in fashion. She also likes some of the things at Justice so I will splurge on her every once in a while too since neither of my girls ask or clothes very often. 

NyiaBaby216
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM

My kids are only 2 and 3 so they could care less about what the latest fashion trend is, but me on the other hand....I like my kids to be stylish and follow the trend but at the same time twist it up. I dont mind spending extra money on my kids shoes. I would rather them last than have to keep buying new pairs that would in the end, come out to more than I spent on one pair. I also dont mind spending extra money on their winter coats. To me, the more expensive, the warmer. My 3 yr old is in a $150.00 northface this winter. We get really cold winters here, so its worth it.

PEEK05
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM

My kids don't care.  They aren't old enough to care.

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Fashion trend no! Extra money when it comes to shoes!
Shopsha0911
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Mix and Match are too matchy for my daughter, she like to do her own thing.  Seperates are the only way for us.

ninamsi
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I like what is on sale.  Their father on the other hand insists on name brand items some times.  We spend more on dress clothes since we go to church regularly.  My kids are use to getting dressed up so they do not concern themselves with what is popular and they wear uniforms in school.

Rushn311
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM

My son definitely doesn't and I don't think my daughter does either. They both are the type to see something and see, hey, I would like that. And I am not talking brands. Like my daughter just wants boots she saw at Walmart becaause it reminds her of Alice from Resident Evil. LOL She wants skinny jeans...she does like Mudd from Kohl's, but they are $20. NOt going to complain there.

My son hates jeans, he just wants the pants that have little holes in them. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)