Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your children pick out what they will wear each day?

teen girl

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Yes, I do.  If I don't want them to wear it, it can't be in their dresser.

I provide a little guideance about what matches & try to steer them away from things that are too worn if they are going to school.  But otherwise, whatever they want to wear is what they wear.

(I even let my 4 yo say he doesn't want his coat even when the temps are in the 20s.  I just bring the coat along for when he changes his mind.)

dusky_rose
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Sometimes I do if there is time. I like to pick out clothes the night before because we are trying to be quiet in the morning because daddy sleeps on a different schedule than us.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

MamaMandee
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM

The older 2 kids pick their own clothes but I help my 4yr old. Like she can pick the shirt and then I help find the pants, etc. 

GwenMB
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I did cringe this morning looking at the pics the preschool teacher put up in the display case. My son had on a blue, orange & white striped shirt w camouflage color pants. Oh well, this is just preschool.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Pretty much. But they have to match and wear uniforms to school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Pretty much. If we are going to church then i will or i will have them run their outfit by me.
DestineyBGP
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I let them pick. Usually they do a pretty good job lol they inspire me even with their willness to mix and matcI do however pick out their colors with get togethers :)

HisSweetheart07
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Ds - yes

Dd- I give her choices to choose from.

EbonySnow
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

generally yes

tabi_cat1023
by Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

We generally pic it but give them choices and they LOVE all their clothes so dont mind if we pick

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)